Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By blk97supra
#281788 Ok heres the deal. My friend has a I believe 93 SI HB with power steering, I have a 93 DX HB with non ps. We wanted to swap cause I wanted ps cause I have cerebral palsy n and u turns r sometimes difficult. So my question is as fellowss. Is it a direct rack n pinion and ps pump n lines n belt swap? Or do we need to do some mods to make it work? Btw we both have D16Z6's, n both r 5 spds.

Thanks guys.
By Punksz6
#281799 I'm pretty sure all you have to do is just swap over all his power steering components like you stated (Rack,Lines,Belt,Pulley,Pump and reservoir) to your car. But since you are going to swap over racks and the tie rods will be unbolted I suggest an alignment after you guys do the swap. I hope that helps.. :thumb:
By blk97supra
Punksz6 wrote:I'm pretty sure all you have to do is just swap over all his power steering components like you stated (Rack,Lines,Belt,Pulley,Pump and reservoir) to your car. But since you are going to swap over racks and the tie rods will be unbolted I suggest an alignment after you guys do the swap. I hope that helps.. :thumb:

Well thank you that helps a lot :thumb:, now I feel a lot better bout doing the swap. But yea now I can go get lifetime alignment at discount tires lol...
By Punksz6
#281804 Nice and you are Welcome!! Oh and I didn't notice your from Fresno!! I got Familia there. :thumb:
By blk97supra
Punksz6 wrote:Nice and you are Welcome!! Oh and I didn't notice your from Fresno!! I got Familia there. :thumb:

Oh coo. Yea u ever visit? Fresno is coming up lol...
By Punksz6
#281815 I've only been over there a couple times and one time me and my bro went to pick up some parts for his Lancer and got lost!! LOL, its a pretty big city! My cuz lives over by Fresno State.