Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EG Love
#281705 So I'm trying to figure out what I should be looking for, while shopping for a cat-back exhaust for my EG.. I have a B-series DC Sports 4-2-1 header one piece, for my B18B1 into EH3 swap, just need to buy a cat, and cat-back. I want a cat-back that will fit the curve in the floor under the car, that the hangars will line up, and that the tip will fit nicely out the back bumper.. 8) I will be buying a high-flow cat as well, not sure where or what, but I will be.

Also read that GSR catylytic converters are 18inches long, and civics are only 16 inches? and that GSR flanges are opposite of civic, and don't bolt up. I know I don't have a GSR, but maybe this is similar for all B-series exhausts?

I think I'll be looking for at least 2.25", up to 2.75" cat-back, but also wondering how much my header or high-flow cat will restrict.. :?
By asianrob
#281710 i had a gsr coupe exhaust on my 4door eg bolted up and everything just had to unbolt the middle hanger under the car and flip it up side down. but this is stock exhaust.

since you have a hatch and you want everything to fit

just buy like an apexi world sport or something made for you car and find a bigger cat that bolts on?

dont know how much it will restrict are you in a state that has emissions?
By EG Love
#281718 Noo I'm in Canada, NB. no emissions tests or anything here. But I want to keep the cat, cat-less get too raspy for me..

Do you think any cat would bolt up the the DC header I have? My cousin has a teg, and he bought a universal high-flow cat from Canadian Tire, lol... but I was thinking maybe it's 'smaller' than the rest of his 2.75" exhaust. he has DC header aswell, into the cat, into a skunk2 exhaust. But he just ordered a full exhaust online for his LS teg, so it bolted right on. If I order a civic cat-back, I'm just worried $600 later it won't bolt up to a "B-series cat", lol..

Also heard of getting a shop to make a custom one. Still have to call around about that, if I can remember to tomorrow.
By egbeegee
#281737 Here's my opinion and what I would do if it were me :D I would buy a muffler of your choice and a cat of your choise and have a muffler shop do the rest! :thumb:
By EG Love
#281739 Well thanks for your opinion :thumb: ima make some calls and maybe I'll be going that route. 8)
By EG Love
#282146 I forgot to call them after school friday, planning to call monday now! lol..

looking at the yonaka cat back exhaust on ebay for $350 free shipping (even to canada!) seems like a decent exhaust. Anyone have any idea what size cat I would run with that?

ebay link
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yonaka-92-95-Hon ... 3758wt_866

video of similar set up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5wXSD5 ... ce=message

any thoughts? opinions?
:hehe:
By Apexracing
#282156 Pick up a high flow cat, and a cat back made for your car. have the cat welded in with the correct flanges to fit the header and fit the mid-pipe.
By EG Love
#282165 So just a civic hatchback cat, not an integra one, right? And why weld? I was thinking I was going to just bolt everything together
By EG Love
#282171 nevermind, you must mean just welding on flanges at the correct places, and then bolting up each side. Damn, I didn't know I'd have to weld.
By Apexracing
#282175 Just take the car and pieces to a exhaust shop.
By EG Love
#282189 I just really don't trust exhaust shops, maybe its just me, but the ones around here don't seem to care about quality. I've had so many bad experiences with them.. My cousin MIG welded his at his place, thinking I might go that route and save a few bucks at the same time. That was I can make sure its the length I want, maybe I'd be able to tuck the big yonaka tip in a little more. Could look into the direct fit CATs, but gotta take into account shipping costs to canada..
By EG Love
#282191 Also, about that link eg-guy kindly provided. It says 2 inch inlet/outlet diameter. Does that mean it would restrict the 2.36inch cat back diameter? Sorry for the noob questions, really appreciate you're input
By Apexracing
#282192 Mig ftw go that route and grind the welds up nice. Since most after market exhausts fit like crap welding one up is the better way to go in my opinion.