Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M3lowzz EG
#280605 ok sooo there is coolant leaking inside my car and i cant figure out where its comming from :?

but the whole front carpet is soaked in it [smilie=BangHead.gif]

i was told it might be the heating core ? but i cant seem to trace the coolant back to it so idk

someone pleaseeee help meee :pray:
By Apexracing
#280644 yup heater core or heater hoses, check both ends of the heater core hoses make sure fluid isnt just trickling down them into the cabin.
By Gustavo
teal_dx wrote:The only way coolant can enter the cabin is the 2 hoses going to the heater core.
It's gotta be the heater core.

x2 mine leaks as well so i looped the hoses 2 where it never goes through the heatercore but i'm changing my heatercore this weekend.
By Ajax1989
#280659 hey i dont know if you can tell but its your heater core.. lol

but a temp fix would be to loop the two hoses with a fitting..
i believe you have to pull the dash to replace it
By Gustavo
94_jdm_ferio wrote:hey i dont know if you can tell but its your heater core.. lol

U don't need a fitting 2 loop it just re-route the hose that goes 2 the inlet valve 2 the thermostat housing. I will post a pic of it later.
By Ajax1989
Gustavo wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:hey i dont know if you can tell but its your heater core.. lol

U don't need a fitting 2 loop it just re-route the hose that goes 2 the inlet valve 2 the thermostat housing. I will post a pic of it later.

haha mybad... i forgot the hose is quite long lol
yea you prob dont need a fitting
By Blazed_Eg
#284173 Is this fixed? Heater core for sure.