Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 92dxeg
#277966 ik this has got not to do with a eg hatch. but iam getting an ef hatch that is carb how hard is it to switch too fuel injected ? is it worth it
By TrailerTrash
#277970 im not exaclty sure how hard it would be but it would surely be worth it :thumb:
By chrono404
#278005 By Carborated you must mean a Dual Point D15b2.

Its a form of fuel injection, however it sucks. Switching over to Multipoint has been done multiple times, with multiple DIY guides out there.

This one was found on google:http://www.carolinahondas.com/installation-how-articles/37604-how-convert-your-dpfi-mpfi-ef-chassis.html

I helped a friend do this to his EF Wagon and the power difference was very considerable.
By elrompetoto
#278032 It's hardddddddddddddddd try 2 find ur self an Ef si of u can get ur hands on an si 87 91 then u good 2 go if u can't then get ready 2 go tru a nice fun wiring nightmare

I herd there's a jumper that has the extra wires u need 4 the injectors
By 92dxeg
#278270 the thing is this one is mint one guy has had it all its life and no rust its one of those to good to be ture deal lol and only for 300 bucks
By TrailerTrash
#278367 then leave her stock
By lunaticracer21
#278378 you can go to a junk yard or find a part out on craigslist for a 88-91 si hf civic or crx you will need the dash harness and motor harness replace them and you should be good oh your gonna need the dizzy and ecu also......

but i would keep it stock
By chrono404
#278384 if your afraid of wiring rywire makes a dpfi to mpfi plug and play harness. leaves the injector wiring to do your self. however its 4 wires where you match color.

i would hardly call a dpfi - mpfi conversion :"nightmare wiring" theres only 6 or wires you mess with. to top it off its well documented with step by step guides

Nightmare wiring is converting a ef to obd1, or putting a new engine such as an f22c from the s2000 into something totally different like a 1986 toyota corolla.

the option to leave stock isnt a bad idea as well. if the idea of the conversion makes you nervous dont do it.