Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 95cpeEX
#276286 im looking at trading my coupe for a hatchback and was curious if i can fit the coupe exhaust on the hatchback w/o moddification...
By eg-guy
#276287 it won't fit. the civic hatch is shorter then the coupe/sedan, you'll have to modify it to fit.
By 95cpeEX
RWMIII wrote:The coupe exhaust is approximately 8 1/2 inches longer.

where in the exhaust would i be able to take out the 8 1/2 inches to make it work properly. cuz i have a full buddy club exhaust on my car from the cat back and dont want to let it go with my car and same with my megan racing header....and the guy offered that i could keep my exhaust and he could keep his...but i dont want to make it a huge pain in my @$$ ya know...
By RWMIII
95cpeEX wrote:
RWMIII wrote:The coupe exhaust is approximately 8 1/2 inches longer.

where in the exhaust would i be able to take out the 8 1/2 inches to make it work properly. cuz i have a full buddy club exhaust on my car from the cat back and dont want to let it go with my car and same with my megan racing header....and the guy offered that i could keep my exhaust and he could keep his...but i dont want to make it a huge pain in my @$$ ya know...

Axle back section.
By andyc
#280431 thats right, although when I did mine a while back with a tanabe cat back system I got rattling on the heat shields on the S section toward the back so must be slightly out there too... unless it was something wrong with the hatch I was swapping to :?

nothing major though if it does though, just a pita rattle