Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cjw_89
#271403 i bought the ebay foglight kit.Fitment is PERFECT i hooked them up best kind.But the bracket that supposably*forgive my spelling* mounts to your steel bumper would arc when i touch it. Turned out something was hooked up wrong and melted the harness.So i repaired the harness cut the brackets enough that they would not hit the bumper.So they worked fine for a few days then the alarm would go off unknowingly and i just unhooked the fogs and cut the alarm wiring..

My take on this is when i had to route the yellow wire(driver side) to the fuse panel it interfears with the alarm. What do i do. Its been 2 months now and they are for show rather then function.
By suspendedHatch
#272449 There's no reason for it to interfere. Some alarms will trigger when the battery is draining.

What kind of alarm is it?

What is the yellow wire?

Which fuse box, under the hood or under the dash?

How are you connecting the fog lights?

Do the fog lights ground through the bracket (dumb) or is there a ground wire?

If you've melted the harness, it means you have power running to ground with no resistance. The power should run to the fog light bulbs which provide the resistance, then to ground. There should be battery power and switched power. This prevents them from being on all the time. Don't mix these.
By HungRealLow21
#273572 hey buddy try hooking up your lights to your corners its simple and your fogs will be on with the corners which in turn look awesome save yourself the trouble and time and if u got em from the same guy i did complain i did and i received a brand new set of fogligts today FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE unless u already left feedback then u got no shot hahah