Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egcivicboy
#270666 what do subframe braces do? are they worth getting?
If I get one is there certain kinds I should avoid? are they all the same?
just a few questions thanks.
By rtegra92
#270669 if you have a really strong sway bar it can potentially rip out the sway bar mounting points, Subframe brace prevents that.

it also helps chassis rigidity

it can also facilitate the use of a bigger diameter sway bar if you plan on upgrading
By -Todd-
#270784 If you get one, please have a sway bar to go with it, and don't add a Beaks bar. Nothing says look at me like a beaks bar with a subframe brace.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
-Todd- wrote:If you get one, please have a sway bar to go with it, and don't add a Beaks bar. Nothing says look at me like a beaks bar with a subframe brace.

I think thats the point of a Beaks Bar.. :?
By RWMIII
#270802 To the OP: check this thread out: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=956

And the Beaks bar will do absolutely nothing for you if you have a good subframe brace except add bling factor, and reduce ground clearance under the subframe. A good company that makes a solid subframe brace is ASR.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
RWMIII wrote:To the OP: check this thread out: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=956

And the Beaks bar will do absolutely nothing for you if you have a good subframe brace except add bling factor, and reduce ground clearance under the subframe. A good company that makes a solid subframe brace is ASR.

BLING BLING! :woot2:
By Eg6H2D
-Todd- wrote:If you get one, please have a sway bar to go with it, and don't add a Beaks bar. Nothing says look at me like a beaks bar with a subframe brace.

BWR FTW!!!! :thumb:
By egcivicboy
EG6b20R wrote:

whats BWR?
By -Todd-
#270983 Yep. Thats what i've got, had it just over 3 years now. Now if you dont have aftermarket lca's or don't own a SI then you'll need LCA's that have holes for the sway bar. If you're thinking about aftermarket lca's.... stay away from the cheap ones. Blox for example.
By -Todd-
egcivicboy wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:

whats BWR?

Black Works Racing.
By suspendedHatch
#272451 The Progress bar is better engineered and doesn't require subframe reinforcement. I ran one for years on a street driven Civic with no sign of stress to the rear crossmember. Sold the car that way.

A rear tie bar alone does nothing for you. If you're serious about road racing you'd get the body prepped similar to the ITR, maybe even a step further, or just break down and get a rollcage.
By EJ1_MK
Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty wrote:FUNCTION 7 = BETTER :werd:

Agreed, no not use blox or Black works, all the shops in town have them and right next to them are sets of bushings for the them. I have never had a problem with skunk2 had them for years on my 98 coupe and now on my current car.