Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xjm92x
#269694 Ok so my buddy said he would sell me his hatchback shell but the only problem is he lost the title a long time ago and thus why he parted out and now its a shell i live in ny on Long island to be exact is there anything i would be able to do to be able to get a title to register it if i bought it?
By FG2_Andrew
#269782 if the title has issues, i'd steer clear. i never mess with anything but clean titles. EVER

but that's just me.. do what they said and you might be able to work this out.

i'd be on edge though.. why wouldn't he have just filed for a title without being told to do so anyway? like ^^ he said, i'd only like $20 max to get one. :eh:
By teal_dx
deadbeatEH2 wrote:.... i'd be on edge though.. why wouldn't he have just filed for a title without being told to do so anyway? like ^^ he said, i'd only like $20 max to get one. :eh:

Exactly hmmmm :eh:
By 1ACarlos
#269853 I agree, anything w/o a title is usually trouble.
By RWMIII
#269878 Maybe the guy just got lazy about it. But I agree with the others, I wouldnt fork over a dime, or even take possession of the car until I had a title in hand.