Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By phatboycrxhf
#269590 so i havent been around for a few months or so and i finally got back to my girls hatch,i got a 1995 civic si with a b18b swap that was running mint.I pulled all the Si stuff engine,dash harness all the way up to the fuel pump.I left the cruise stuff out and the SRS as well( air bags) and the power sunroof stuff.i had juice,main relay,fuel pump primed,but no crank.I checked all my grounds under the hood,cleaned and reinstalled them and still nothing.i checked to see if the two nuetral safet switches i took from the Si were installed properly and ingauging when pushing the clutch and looks like theyre.

i even tried to just jump the starter and it wont even arc
Now all of a sudden out of nowhere i have nothing,no dash lights nothing.
Ive been chasing wires with the test light for hours and cant for the life of me figure out why its like doing nothing,no main relay now ,dash lights,nothing...so wierd any suggestions,ideas or advice on my issue would be greatly appreciated.
By kross
#269593 did you throw any CEL's before all the dash went out?? check alllll the fuses, have you looked at any wiring diagrams? i know somewhere in the forums theres a link to the civic service manuals
By asianrob
#269595 did you pull the chassis harness from the Si and put it in the dx?

can i ask why did you do that?

did you have all the grounds grounded?
By phatboycrxhf
kross wrote:did you throw any CEL's before all the dash went out?? check alllll the fuses, have you looked at any wiring diagrams? i know somewhere in the forums theres a link to the civic service manuals

yeah and all was good. i checked all the fuses and they are all good
By phatboycrxhf
asianrob wrote:did you pull the chassis harness from the Si and put it in the dx?

can i ask why did you do that?

did you have all the grounds grounded?

the civic is a cx with a VX chassis harness and i was having issues getting spark on the y8 swap,so i bought a complete si with b18b to toss into it after being told that my issue lies within the VX chassis harness thatwas put into this hatch.

i check and even sanded the freshly painted bay and grounds and remounted them

i now am rpping out the SI chassis and putting the VX one back in and hope it works.at least everything on it worked just no spark

i'll let you guys know how it goes
By phatboycrxhf
#269767 so its running,buddy added another ground to the starter,which doesnt make sense to me,but it worked,the power wasnt getting past he firewall and we dont know why,but grounding the starter fixed the issue...its ot throwing any codes or anything like that but its idling at 1000 and when you give it gas its like sounds like a wrx and seems very weak when accellerating.Thinking old fuel ,but if anyone has had this issue let me know what itwas for you

thanks for the hep so far guys :)
By Eg6H2D
phatboycrxhf wrote:so its running,buddy added another ground to the starter,which doesnt make sense to me,but it worked,the power wasnt getting past he firewall and we dont know why,but grounding the starter fixed the issue...its ot throwing any codes or anything like that but its idling at 1000 and when you give it gas its like sounds like a wrx and seems very weak when accellerating.Thinking old fuel ,but if anyone has had this issue let me know what itwas for you

thanks for the hep so far guys :)

If it sounds like a WRX check your spark plug wires, they are NOT in the right places..

:thumb:
Last edited by Eg6H2D on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By phatboycrxhf
EG6b20R wrote:

If it sounds like a WRX check your spark plug wires are in the right places..

:thumb:

lol i changed the wires today and now she pulls decent :thumb: cylinder 1 was arcing out the side of the wire thermostat must be sticking now,gets hot while sitting ,or the fan relay or motor is shot