Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#269130 I soldered aftermarket harness to factory harness. turned car on stereo never turned on but theres electricity going through wires. wtf isnt working
By Leppy
CIVICEGCIVIC wrote:I soldered aftermarket harness to factory harness. turned car on stereo never turned on but theres electricity going through wires. wtf isnt working

New or old deck? check grounds, check your ACC (yellow) wire, doublecheck your power wire, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, check the fuse on the back of the radio too.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#269136 How do you check, with a multi meter?
By Leppy
CIVICEGCIVIC wrote:How do you check, with a multi meter?

The fuse you check by pulling it out and looking at it. The power wire should be getting constant voltage. ACC wire should get voltage when you turn the ignition on. if it doesn't, you're ACC (accessory) fuse is blown. check for continuity on both ends of your ground to make sure it's actually grounded.
By kross
#269236 if you dont know how to check how do you know electricity is going through your wires?? but use a multimeter on the dc voltage like 20v range, and put the red probe with the red wire and the black probe with the black wire (or jsut ground it to the chassis) and then do the same with the yellow wire. if you get around 12-13 volts in both wires then its not the wiring its your stereo, and usually there is a fuse somewhere like Leppy said, also check it by using the ohm setting of your multimeter by just touching each end with each probe of the meter. if that still doesnt work i would suspect something is screwwy with your stereo, or your wired your plug wrong.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#269245 thanks, yea just started learning so for right i suck at this. :shock: :? :roll: :cry: :x :eh: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( 8) 8) :thumb: :thumb: :thumbdown: :hehe:
By kross
#269247 haha its okay, just try what i said and what what was said before me.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#269629 :woot: :woot:
Last edited by CIVICEGCIVIC on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#269889 WOOOOOOO fixed, 7.5 amp was popped :woot:
By Leppy
CIVICEGCIVIC wrote:WOOOOOOO fixed, 7.5 amp was popped :woot:

I figured it was a fuse... it usually is. lol enjoy your music!
By kross
#269902 haha its always something stupid and simple.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#269966 Yo i got it fixed but then somethings weird about the speaker wire. I looked at the wire code for the factory harness to install them, and front left is suppose to blu/green & grey/black or something n the front right is suppose to be like brown & grey or something, but my front left and front right - & + on my speakers are BOTH the same .There both blu/grn and black/grey?!!?. the previous owner had a subwoofer wires installed so i dont know what he might have did. why r they the same? how could i get them to work? i was thinking about getting some speaker wire n directly connecting them to my JVC harness, but a radio shack guy told me na the sound will sound like shit. I tried connecting my jvc front left to the factory front left but the thing didnt work.
By kross
#270022 well whoever that was at radio shack is an idiot. but idk why anyone would mess with the speaker wires?? do they not play or somthing? also i guess if you want to ghetto wire it up you could run speaker wire (or any wire really) from your deck harness to the speakers. its exactly the same as the factory harness. its not liek it goes through anything special. again.. radio shack isnt really experts on much... i stopped even going there when i went for a el cheapo soldering iron and the guy didnt know what a soldering iron was.. and then laughed at me when i said i was using it to fix my power jack on my computer (they always go out at the plug!) so yea. i dont have much respect for them anymore.
By Leppy
#270033 I've wired up at least two (one of my own) cars by running speaker wire from the harness to the speakers... as long as you run it right and hide it, it'll be just as good if not better than the factory setup. Just be sure not to have any exposed wires and get your positive and negative where they are supposed to be and you'll be good. also to test what side is what, i would plug in the speakers then mess with the radio settings (all the way left, right, front, back, etc...) and see what speakers respond, then run the wires through the car accordingly.

It's not hard.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#270053 @kross yea u dont need any electronic experience to work there its kinda retarded.

@Leppy i was just gonna get speaker wire n connnect them directly to my JVC harness is that how u do it? not familiar with the terms n shit like running wire my bad.