Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#267953 spliced AFTERMARKET wires to the factory wire, didn't work, so i assumed that the factory wires arent plugged in, where do iIlook for that? dont know that much bout the electrical stuff
By asianrob
#267978 why did you splice your factory wires? they are tied in to your gauge cluster and climate control. if it that wasnt plugged then none of that would have worked.

you should have gotten a female connector from wal-mart of any audio store and just plugged that in.

if i were you i would resolder all that shit together. or go to the salvage break down a dash board and the the dash harness and replace it.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#268128 i dont know i thought you could do that, but after i spliced it i figured out about the female conector but didnt wana throw away the harness i bought
By RWMIII
CIVICEGCIVIC wrote: dont know that much bout the electrical stuff

all the more reason to have a pro do it.....just my 2 cents

Moving on.

Just to clarify, you cut off the factory plug that went into the factory radio, and put an aftermarket radios harness in it's place?
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#268158 i thot u cud do that, where cud i buy another factory harness then?
By asianrob
CIVICEGCIVIC wrote:i thot u cud do that, where cud i buy another factory harness then?

you can do that BUT being that it could come undo if you dont solder it. it could and can cause electrical damage.

like he said you can solder it and it'll be fine if you match them correctly.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#268302 yea i figured, its just there aint barely any wire length on the harness n i went to the junkyard a few days ago nobody had EGs, whatever ill figure it out
thanks
By asianrob
CIVICEGCIVIC wrote:yea i figured, its just there aint barely any wire length on the harness n i went to the junkyard a few days ago nobody had EGs, whatever ill figure it out
thanks

any 88-97 civic harness will work
90-01 integra

i think even the 90-97 accord/ odessey

92-96 prelude

i forgot what else shares that same plug so you have plenty of choices to choose from.
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#268384 hahh AW! i was at the junkyard holding a 80 something HB model wire harness n i was about to buy it n thought this might not work n threw it back,

but cant you tap into wires if i wanted to use the aftermarket wire harnesss
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#268414 cant i just tap into some other wires with the aftermarket one i already have
By kross
#268418 you can, but that doesnt mean you should. the right way is to solder a adapter for your car to your aftermarket wiring harness, and some places online will give you it free with a new deck. but they only cost like $5 on ebay and it wont give you headaches later... like your finding out now. lol

if you still want to tap into the wires. here is the color guide

Constant 12V+ Blue/White
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Red
Ground Black
Illumination Red/Black
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Driver's Pillar

Front Speakers 6 1/2" Doors
Left Front (+) Blue/Green
Left Front (-) Gray/Black
Right Front (+) Red/Green
Right Front (-) Brown/Black

Rear Speakers 5 1/4" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Blue/Yellow
Left Rear (-) Gray/White
Right Rear (+) Red/Yellow
Right Rear (-) Brown/White
By CIVICEGCIVIC
#268421 yeah i thanks, i just wanna know how to do it. I already got the color guide for the factory wiring but it didn't work so i dont even know.

soldered factory white/blu-(yellow) Aftermarket
yel/red-(Red)
and black-(black)
i thought the screen might on the stereo might turn on but it didnt.
By kross
#268440 take a multimeter and check if there is like 12 volts coming from the blue/white wire and the yellow/red wire. make sure the ignition is on ACC also. if you don't get anything check the 15A number 23 fuse. also you can check the ground by using the meter on the ohm setting and check if there is continuity between the black wire and the chassis