Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xjm92x
#266800 theres a guy here in ny selling an eg hatch shell GUTTEDD for 50$

he told me he has the title but its from florida and that its 50$ because is gutted completely the only thing left is suspension,steering n some lines n thats it so i was wondering is this a stolen car that was stripped and hes trying to get rid of or could it be legit? and if it is, is there anything from my eg 8 that i could put into this car like my dash board and seats cuz their is nothing in it , based on these pics would it be worth the work ahead to buy it?

By TrailerTrash
#266802 id buy it for 50 bucks and take it to the scrap yard and get 300 for it.

that is a project and a half looks like you would need to either buy or transplant just about everything just to make it drivable. then you have to make it street legal and unless the title is in the sellers name it really aint no good to you because he can't transfer it into your name.
By Gustavo
#266818 I would 1st check 2 see if the title is in his name n if everything is good, I would buy it n go 2 ur local salvage yard n pull stuff out n put it in the hatch. Put stuff on it enough 2 sell it as a shell where somebody would want it. Profit 4 u. Or just keep building it n keep it. :thumb:
By jrhdominos
#266822 Definately get it if its legit...Buying stolen property is almost as bad as stealing it yourself...Looks like an excellent candidate for a RHD swap....DO IT..
By Dustin
#266828 I would check the Vin number on the chassis and make sure it matched the said title. If so I would buy a RHD clip and swap it over!
By 1ACarlos
#266857 I would do it if it's clean.
By little_red-316dadub
#266895 im doing a build from the shell up
its a tough road dude
one that has taken me three years
so say you want it cause money dont grow on trees and fifty bucks is cheap
say you get a dseries motor complete with a tranny axles and shift linkage
say u get all that and u get it for cheap like 500 thats a deal bro
and will assume it runs fine and will start right up the second u drop it in
u still need a battery your fuse box the harness for the engine bay
didnt see any headlights or corner lens so u need those and some bulbs
a raidator, coolant lines, your hydro line the rubber one that reaches to the tranny say you get all that for 500 hunderd
put it in yourself throw your interior in figure out all your wiring
wich in my mind will take some time
dude im not trying to be a douche
but after all that work u would have a slow piece of
you still got paint maybe bumpers those would be nice
my shell cost me 500 and was pretty complete i even got a blown motor and tranny after i painted it threw wheels on it
i was tapped out for awhile
mine also had the honda rust really bad
completey unacceptable
so i fixed it painted it
tore the blown motor out with a floor jack
and i did entirely on my own by myslef i aint jokin
wich means i f***** it up a few times in the search for prefection
dude if u knew how much ive spent on blue painters tape in the last year
:x
its alot of work is all
and it made me love it all the more
but looking at the grand scheme of things
i have a car that im still not able to drive
im only cool with it cause i love the game it makes me who i am
if u wanna feel the rush its definetly quicker and more sensible to by something
more complete
:thumb: