Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Jet
#266229 Im new to the honda scene :shock: and would like some advice on what trim to buy. Again, I am a complete noob :lol: so please be as specific as possible as to why I should pick a certain trim. (EX: Reasons such as; Engine, Options, etc.)

I dont want to buy the wrong civic :P

Thanks
By jred
#266231 the best of the best EG6 SiR
if you can get one that is, it came with a B16a motor, LSD, 4 disc brakes, bucket seats the full works
By 1ACarlos
#266247 I agree with Jet
By Jet
RWMIII wrote:best in the states would be an Si. If you cant swing that try for an EX. SiR is the mackdaddy though.

Is the Si model ideal for tuning (I may sound like an idiot sorry have limited knowledge on EG6's)? :? And what engine does the Si have? Thanks for the last reply btw :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
Jet wrote:
RWMIII wrote:best in the states would be an Si. If you cant swing that try for an EX. SiR is the mackdaddy though.

Is the Si model ideal for tuning (I may sound like an idiot sorry have limited knowledge on EG6's)? :? And what engine does the Si have? Thanks for the last reply btw :thumb:

d16z6 :thumb:

I wasn't aware that there was an undesirable EG... :?
By RWMIII
Jet wrote:

The Si has the D16Z6 motor which is defiantly an ideal platform to build upon. The Si also has disc brakes as opposed to other trim levels, also a big plus. The only downside is actually finding a decent Si.

check this out for more info on the trim levels, and what options came in which models, etc...

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(fifth_generation)"
Last edited by RWMIII on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Jet
TrailerTrash wrote:
Jet wrote:

d16z6 :thumb:

I wasn't aware that there was an undesirable EG... :?

Im a very picky person, especially when it comes to my cars :lol:
By Jet
RWMIII wrote:
Jet wrote:

The Si has the D16Z6 motor which is defiantly an ideal platform to build upon. The Si also has disc brakes as opposed to other trim levels, also a big plus. The only downside is actually finding a decent Si.

check this out for more info on the trim levels, and what options came in which models, etc...

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_(fifth_generation)"

Sweet! :woot: Tuning world here I come :lol: Thanks alot! :thumb:
By asianrob
#266376 id say get a CX and just swap it. its light, its basic, and you can start learning how to mod your car.
By Greasedmonkey
#266380 find a clean, straight EH...HATCH and buy it. Proceed to modify from there. Motor, suspension, brakes and shit can all be changed. Start with a GREAT body.
By kel
#266403 I agree i think you should ignore what trim/spec it is and find the cleanest shell possible. :thumb:
By -Todd-
#267065 I dont know where you live but where i'm from you cant really just pick or choose trims. Hatchbacks are few and far between, get one in the best shape with the least miles.
By thelittled16thatcould
-Todd- wrote:I dont know where you live but where i'm from you cant really just pick or choose trims. Hatchbacks are few and far between, get one in the best shape with the least miles.

I agree, I landed on a DX while looking for an SI. It is in outstanding condition, though, so I'm not upset lol.