Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 92gsrhatch
#263898 ok so for some reason my car only takes 7 gallons to fill up from being empty.
i know that shouldn't be right?
any idea why?
its a 1992 civic cx
By matt is (eg6)
#263899 that happend on my buddies em1 but that was because the dumbass that owned it before him jacked it up on the gas tank lol
By 92gsrhatch
#263900 so it can be that the fuel tank it probably bent
i bought it at an auction but when i checked underneath it everything looked fine, nothing was bent at all
By matt is (eg6)
#263901 does it take 7 even or 7 and some change because my 92 hatch used to do that and i always thought it was a 8 gal tank but idk if they even came with an 8 gal tank... but my 93 is 10 gal for sure
By 92gsrhatch
#263902 it takes like 7.5gal. it has never reached 8gal
i been doing some reasearrch and they are like 11.9gal
so i should be at least at the 9-10gal
By Ajax1989
#263903 eg's have this prob where our gas guages tell us the wrong reading..

when i hit empty i fill up on like 8 gallons too
and my sedan tank is a 11.9

so the way u can do this is get a gas can and fill it up
fill ur tank till it cant hold anymore.. then reset ur odometer
and when u run out of gas check how many miles u went and divied that by the size(gallons) ur tank is that is ur mpg.. so after that just fill up according to your miles not gauge

i get like 36ish mpg..
so thats like 428.4

so i just fill up every 400 miles
By 92gsrhatch
#263904 i have done that i have let my car stall while driving it and filled up and still took less than 8gal. i get around 200miles
per tank though so i always know when to fill up. only suxs when i take long trips i have to stop for gas more frequent than my brother's integra