Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 1nonlyaccord
#263779 Bought the package deal on ebay;Header,cat back for 175$.
Installed it,and its way to loud,and the pissed off bumble bee sound.
Can I weld on just a performance muffler,keeping the ebay piping?
I have a Universal Magnaflow CAT installed aswell.
I already had to cut the muffler and shorten it about 4" to fit my hatchback.
can somebody tell me or show me a good muffler for about 100$ or less? Im looking into a magnaflow one on ebay for 110$shipped,but read they are also loud.
thanks guys
By matt is (eg6)
#263789 i had a magnaflow and it was loud but it was deep didnt sound all ricey and shit it had a decent tone...but it was pretty loud
By 1nonlyaccord
#264075 thanks for the input guys..I got an axle back OEM muffler off a wrecked crv i fixed today,going to bring home from work tmr and play with that with the ebay piping.Might have a decent tone to it.
By chrono404
#264139 good luck on that. If it doesn't give you the sound you want you can get a turbo muffler. I have one on my delsol Right now and it sounds pretty good.

Its a JDM b20 with 4-2-1 Headers, No Cat, and Straight piping to a Turbo Muffler. It louder then stock but not "loud" even with the roof off. It has a Nice Deep tone to it and reminds me of my WRX's exhaust.
By sqkr_28
#264197 you could also look into gettin a bigger resonator and a vibrant muffler for a low deep tone
By 1nonlyaccord
#264202 im not really looking for a certain sound,just not the fart can sound in the upper rpms..
I may end up putting my stock piping on with a muffler laying around work.

what turbo muffler are you speaking of? The Thrush listed above?
By Eg6H2D
#264289 U can definately keep your ebay piping and reweld another muffler on. Now anything that u can see directly through the muffler is going to be loud.. and off set muffler can reduce sound along with addin another resonator to the system! Personally i hate the turbo/thrush muffler.. why? i just dont like the look and the sound it makes might as well buy a stock muffler and drill a few holes in it.. smh..

So look into an off center muffler with a chamber in it it reduces the sound alot.. and gives more of a sporty tone..

:thumb:

like this one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-x9-x14 ... 588e6e6b57
By Tristanw10
sqkr_28 wrote:you could also look into gettin a bigger resonator and a vibrant muffler for a low deep tone

im thinking about getting a Vibrant muffler and I too have the ebay special but with a stock mani, does adding a header change exhaust tone as well?
By chrono404
#271019 I have a magnaflow on my delsol currently.

When I get my all new exhaust done soon I will be getting 2.5" piping, a Vibrant Resonator, and a Vibrant muffler. I heard a Toyota 86 with one and it was the best sound, Non Subaru 4 Cylinder i have ever heard. It was amazing.

My exhaust sounds good now, but its not on that same level, that was magical. I'm really damn tempted to do to my WRX as well.
By cjw_89
#271190 like they said. I seen an integra going one day.Young girl driving it and it sounded amazing.I saw the car later on that day went over and looked at the exhaust and sure enough vibrant was stamped/etche onto it. It sounded NICE. Id strongly consider gettin a vibrant if i wasnt broke