Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#262478 My ride stock 94 CX manual, 229K miles. Ok new water pump, new thermostat, new temp sensor, new timing belt, one new U shaped hose, all installed no more than three weeks ago, and the radiator is about 9 months old. The fan works somewhat, I've seen it kick in a few times, but turns on for a short while. I have no radiator fluid leaks. The problem... I drive the temp rises but not to a point where the guage needle is at H. When I drive it cools off. This just started today. Need help... Should I take it back to the mechanic and just tell him it's heating. Ask him to take a look at it and see what BS he might tell me, or do I need to find a new shop? Personaly I think he might be a rip off. 3 weeks ago the day after I paid $300 bucks to install the new water pump and a timing belt. A U shape hose busted thats on the firewall side while I was driving. It spilled all the coolant and I had to get my car towed. The bastard charged me $80 bucks for. One good thing the water pump & timing belt still under waranty. BTW he said he charges $800 to replace a head gasket.... :?
By RWMIII
M Riley wrote: The fan works somewhat, I've seen it kick in a few times, but turns on for a short while.

if the fan is only working some what, then that sounds like your problem, or atleast a good place to start.
By ShEfA
#262691 It sounds like a blown head gasket. Check for exhaust fumes in the radiator liquid and for radiator liquid in the oil.
By teal_dx
ShEfA wrote:It sounds like a blown head gasket. Check for exhaust fumes in the radiator liquid and for radiator liquid in the oil.

The fumes in the coolant look like a light oily film on the surface.

here's a tutorial on changing a head gasket http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2865 $800 is robbery! :shock: