Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 92civic_vx
#262202 my 92 vx is missing the latch part of the glass, i have been searching all over trying to find this piece and can only find it from honda. i was debating on making my own latch but unable to find any good pics of the piece to get a good idea of size. if anyone has pics of the glass latch and/or wiper assembly let me know, i hate the fact that my hatch is so easy to get into. or if anyone has a latch layin around and wants to sell it let me know.
By matt is (eg6)
#262209 try salvage yards or forums for hatches being parted out if you dont have any luck just buy one from honda because trying to make your own wouldnt be worth it
By unclecivic
#262444 I have a spare hatch glass with latch and wiper assembly. Tell me how to remove it, I'll send it to you. You pay shipping ,of course. :thumb:
By matt is (eg6)
#262462 thats why i love this site people always willing to lend a hand and even hook you up when you are in need
By 94EJ2
matt is (eg6) wrote:thats why i love this site people always willing to lend a hand and even hook you up when you are in need

X1000000000
By 92civic_vx
#262484 from what i can tell there are two bolts that hold it on, not sure cause i have nothing but two holes in the glass lol.. i made a temp latch to keep the glass shut made it in 10 mins with a piece of angle steel and a door striker from my old 4 door.
By unclecivic
#262514 Will attempt to remove it today- I'll let you know somethin after work. :woot:
By unclecivic
#262753 anyone know how to get the wiper arm off?? :oops:
By 92civic_vx
#262756 should be a plastic cover at the base of the wiper, pop it up and should be a 10mm nut holding the arm on. remove that and pull the arm off
By unclecivic
#262997 Ummmmm yeah. So I tried today in vain to remove the nut from the base, but the whole shebang is turning around. There is a plastic plug in the glass, which I tried to pry up, but it started to chip the glass. :/ Also, the wiper arm itself is thru the glass - someone has to know how to remove it. HELP? I'll donate the part, my time and labor too, I just can't get the mechanism free from the glass. :thumbdown: :cry:
By unclecivic
#263511 Wow - I suck. :x
I got the cover off the arm, the nut off the arm, and thats it. I hit it with penetrating oil, pried on it, tapped it, wiggled, took the motor loose from the inside..... still got a window with a big wart on it tho- I can NOT get this thing apart.
I will try again before just saying I give up, but I've already walked away in frustration twice......
I'm tryin tho !! :D
By 92civic_vx
#263519 did you try lifting the blade side of the arm (like u are replacing the blade) and lift the base side at same time. i dont know if eg's are like some other car where the arm has to be lifted to unlock it.