Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By balut_eg
#262030 I bought my 93 eg hatch about 3 months ago. Just recently my car had a hard time starting, like it slowly starts. I thought I had to charge my battery, so today I charged it then tried starting it again. But it just gets slower and slower, then it just makes these clicking sounds then it doesn't start. I really don't know what to do and need help. Thanks.
By 1995db7
teal_dx wrote:Sounds like it's time for a new battery.

x2,you can take the car to a near autozone or advanced and they will test the battery for free
By balut_eg
#262080 Alright thanks guys. Imma have the batteries checked.
By balut_eg
#262917 so the battery is alright. they said it could be the starter.
By 92civic_vx
#262922 my 4door did this about 3 months ago. threw a starter in it and was good to go. advance tried telling me my starter was fine when i had them test it, i had to point out to them that their test does not test it with a load on it. lol it was time 4 a starter anyway oem had 256k miles on it. put in a starter and you should be good.
By mr67volks
#262925 check your cables and ground wires if they are corroded they can pull alot of votage , resistance is one bad mofo

also check to make sure your terminals are not lose , idk how many time i have a a loose negitive terminal , also they starter wire shouldnt have any play

hope this helps
By chewse
#263164 U can replace the starter or replace the copper contacts in your current starter...its a simple fix
By balut_eg
chewse wrote:U can replace the starter or replace the copper contacts in your current starter...its a simple fix

ill try look that up.
By EdwinBlack
#263553 I had the same problem couple of months ago, the coal brushes were worn out.

Replaces them and it was all fine again.