Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By unclecivic
#261081 As the title states, I'm at a loss for knowlege in doing a swap. I have a good motor/trans from a 1990 Acura integra and I'd like to drop it into my '93 VX in place of the current mini-me drivetrain.
What ECU will I need for it?
will I need to swap axels n all that jive too?
any and all help, advice and tips will be appreciated.
:thumb:
By matt is (eg6)
#261086 you will have to swap axles, bseries mounts, b series shift linkage, engine harness, swap to chipped p28 or whatever bseries vtec ecu its actually really easy with a buddy i can do a swap in 4 hours
By unclecivic
#261087 should only take me 4 days then...
Thanks for the reply. I'll start compiling a list of all my needed goodies before I get started.
will post pics of the carnage. :hehe:
By JUICE
#261088 that tranny coming out of the DA is cable. you'll need a hydro-to-cable conversion mount to put it in your EG. you'll also need to convert it from OBD0 to OBD1
By matt is (eg6)
#261091 thats right i wasnt thinking about the tranny being cable... but still relitively easy... just dont rush take your time and make sure you do it right, patients is the main thing you need when working on a car
By unclecivic
JUICE wrote:that tranny coming out of the DA is cable. you'll need a hydro-to-cable conversion mount to put it in your EG. you'll also need to convert it from OBD0 to OBD1

can you define "it" ... lol
what do I need to convert ?
:?
By poorman type-r
#261097 OBD-1 just has more wires and sensors then OBD-0 and OBD-2a/b has more than OBD-1. Basically it just tells you more of what's going on in the motor. So you need a OBD-1 ECU and a OBD-1 harness.

For mounts, you can use D series driver and passenger side mounts i believe but the rear mount has to be B-series due to being a different size.

Get the same axels from the car the motor belongs, so 1990 Integra axels.

If i am wrong on any of this, you guys can correct me, but i am pretty sure i am right.
By RWMIII
unclecivic wrote:
JUICE wrote:that tranny coming out of the DA is cable. you'll need a hydro-to-cable conversion mount to put it in your EG. you'll also need to convert it from OBD0 to OBD1

can you define "it" ... lol
what do I need to convert ?
:?

the ECU and sensors. obd1 not obd0
By unclecivic
#261126 Much obliged for the info . :thumb: