Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#259529 Today after I picked up my car from the shop. (a hose was busted, leaked coolant, replaced water pump, and timing belt) I heard a noise from underneath as if something was loose. I got home, washed my ride including the engine and drove off to dry off. My car suddenly started to sound like a lawnmower. I felt the car was puttering and had a hard time accelerating as well. So I parked my ride. A few hours later I tried again, same thing happened. Again my car sounded like a lawnmower, puttering, however, it wasn't as bad as the first time. At times my car felt and sounded normal when I accelerate fast. There were a few times my car stalled while accelerating, then all of a sudden it kicked into to normal, noise went away. Can this be an exhaust leak? Water in the engine? or worse? :?
By gtstripes
#259532 could possibly be water in the engine, this happened to my older brothers xr6, his car lost ALOT of power.... give it a rest till the water drys and it should be ok, if not then it could be something else bro
By M Riley
#259546 Thanks guys just checked this morning. I checked the plugs, drove around a few times around the block seems ok so far :thumb:
By tommyboy
#259778 sounds like you got water down past the spark plug boots causing the spark to arc. Next time pull your plug wires and shoot some compressed air down the spark plug holes to dry the moisture out.
By 94EJ2
#259857 or it could have got into the distributor and fucked up the rotor the same thing happened to my old integra and my friends wagovan pull the distributor cap and check the rotor for wobble
By OmarG
#260284 Water in the motor. Unplug your dizzy, take out your spark plugs and wires and crank it over for a second. When I was having trouble with my injectors I vapor locked my motor. I did this, and sure as shit, gas shot out like 3 feet above my hood from cylinder 4. That injector was bad, and it was pouring gas non-stop into the motor. Replaced the injector, viola. Fired right up.

Long story short, try it when you get unwanted poop/water/gas in your motor. Just remember to unplug the dizzy so you aren't sparking everywhere.
By matt is (eg6)
#261089 same thing happened to me about a week ago it was because my boot on number 1 cylinder wasnt sealed all the way when i washed my bay.. so it started miss firing (thats probably the sound like a lawn mower you were hearing) i was on the side of the road and sucked the water out with a mcdonalds straw lol tasted like shit but it worked until i could drive home and blow it out with an air compressor