Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eh1hatch
#259428 Completed my swap and tried cranking. I'm not getting any spark but the coil inside the distributor is good. Tried 3 differnent ignitors still no spark. Of the 3 only one checked out to be bad, but still no spark with the other two. I'm an avid mechanic but this is my very first swap. I have checked everything I can think of. Just asking for any help so I can get my car running and start building the other motor I have for it.
By OmarG
#260285 Double check wiring bud. Take a test light and double check the grounds. We had the same problem with my buddy's wire tucked B16 swap. Turns out his wiring was fine. We cracked open the dizzy, and the igniter had a bunch of corrosion. If you have any honda buddy's, try using their ECU.
By eh1hatch
#260297 Checked grounds and continuity. I also have 3 different ecu. Checked ignitor and it gave me a reading within range. Would have to check again for exact reading. Planning on trying my dizzy (I have two) in a friends car, Thursday b4 he is available though.
By eh1hatch
#260301 Checked grounds and continuity. I also have 3 different ecu. Checked ignitor and it gave me a reading within range. Would have to check again for exact reading. Planning on trying my dizzy (I have two) in a friends car, Thursday b4 he is available though.
By eh1hatch
#260568 I checked out the main relay and there it was. I now have spark and am getting ready to start the car.
Thx 94ej2
By 94EJ2
#260695 your welcome

nobody ever thinks about the main relay when it comes to spark but if you say fuel problem its thrown around like a highschool whore lol
By OmarG
#260897 You know, we even replaced my buddy's 12v relay when we were troubleshooting his problem. It wasn't his issue, so I didn't even think about it. Nice work man, good thinking!
:thumb: