Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Ben Sinkinson
#259201 hi Ben again just wondering how would i go about replacing the exhaust piping that connects to the back box (muffler) at one end and the de-cat at the other, it like an "S" shape is their a correct name for that piece of piping? cant find replacement ones on the net, probably me being stupid.

Ben =]
By kapow
#259264 There isn't many aftermarket exhausts to fit original piping if that's what you have. Take it to an exhaust shop if you want it repaired, shouldn't cost too much
By Ben Sinkinson
#259287 i want to get a new piece really as the person before me has been messing about with it welding etc, would just like to sort it, but will take it to a garage and see what they have to say. =]
By kapow
#259288 Instead of repairing your piping (if you have a stock exhaust system), it would be about the same price if you get your muffler dude to make a 2¼ or 2½ catback system with your choice of muffler for your civic.

Good luck, let us know how it goes
By Ben Sinkinson
#259316 well i have a new exhaust manifold and muffler awaiting to be fitted and the car has a de-cat already fitted with 2 1/2 so i may just get the piping renewed like you say =]

will let you know how it goes
Ben