Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By RSuave
#255994 How much would it cost to remove the rust from both rear wheel wells if I paid someone to do it, with a color match as well. I wish I could do it myself but I have no welder and I do not have high experience with the welder.
By davidomalley
RSuave wrote:How much would it cost to remove the rust from both rear wheel wells if I paid someone to do it, with a color match as well. I wish I could do it myself but I have no welder and I do not have high experience with the welder.

yep $800 / side is what I was quoted. Now I am doing it myself.
By RSuave
#256006 Wow dang I better get to know some people then. I was just curious because every civic for sale has rear rust on it.
By gtstripes
RSuave wrote:Wow dang I better get to know some people then. I was just curious because every civic for sale has rear rust on it.

thats the hatchs for ya, it sux i know.. lucky i have a sedan.. btw why do they get rust at the wheel wells?? is this because the salt in the roads in america??
By EG9-ish
#256020 States that snow often, they put salt on the roads. Eventually, if not cleaned, the quarter panels will start rusting. It's not just on hatches, but on sedans and coupes too. Just depends where the car has been most of it's life
By 94EJ2
#256025 and not being properly washed aka spraying out the insides of the wheel wells and such
By RSuave
#256029 I heard it was because of the design inside the wheel wells there is a piece of plastic or rubber, so when moisture and salt gets in it, it gets trapped and starts to eat away at the paint then eventually the metal, I heard of people just ripping it out from there wheel wells but that can cause rocks to fly up and chip it also leading to rust, I also heard when it snows people turn their heat on hi and it melts the snow which melts with salt and eats away. Best thing to do I would think is get new panels and just undercoat everything depending on where you live.