Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rootbeer_eg
#253418 over the past weekend i swapped out my ls tranny for a close ratio b16a tranny with a lsd gear in it.
after i put everything in and back together and plugged everything back in my check engine light is on and i dont no why ???

and when i went to start my car yesterday to go out my idle was sitting at like 450 rpm which is really low imo
and when the motor is cold on start up after swapping the tranny it idols low when its cold and when its warm it idles really high at like 2000 rpm which is backwards it should idle high when its cold and low when its warm

im confussed i wanna drive my car but i cant cause i dont wanna get stranded when im off work at early hours in the morning

any help would be appreciated

thanks
By LaosToaster
#253506 i bet u its something unrelated to the transmission swap. maybe something u knocked or hit along when u swapped it. shit like that always happens to me after doing some kind of mod. but yea gotta check that code out first then start from there
By rootbeer_eg
#253520 well i decided to get of my a$$ and go and check and it had absolutley nothing to do with the swap it threw the number 6 code which it a tempeture sensor so i went under my hood and check all the temerature related things and it turned out that o broke on of the wires to one of the sensors and i fixed it and no more check engine light and it idles high when its cold and low when it warm like it should

im soo glad it had nothing to do with the tranny

this web site is awsome has helped me with every problem ive ever had with my car :thumb:
By LaosToaster
#253523 haha good shit. that was a pretty quick fix
By rootbeer_eg
#253524 yea it was took like 5 minutes not even and it idles properly and now
By Chipy_eg6
#267051 Sorry To Ask But Wat Was That You Fix?

rootbeer_eg wrote:well i decided to get of my a$$ and go and check and it had absolutley nothing to do with the swap it threw the number 6 code which it a tempeture sensor so i went under my hood and check all the temerature related things and it turned out that o broke on of the wires to one of the sensors and i fixed it and no more check engine light and it idles high when its cold and low when it warm like it should

im soo glad it had nothing to do with the tranny

this web site is awsome has helped me with every problem ive ever had with my car :thumb:
By rootbeer_eg
#267052 It was a temperature sensor just under the bottom heater hose i just too the olyg oyt and just cut and re connected the two wires with connectors and thar solved the problem