Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By samuel1217
#249697 ffirst of all, i got my hatch while trade and fail the emission test here in virginia. its b16 ls swapped and pretty modified, all motor. it has s200 hondata. 1993 hatch. i got it while trading my car. its fun to drive Around but i face some technical issue here and there. got typr r tranny but 5th gear used to pop off diriving for more than certain time but after the fluid change it did okay. but the gear ratios is way toooooo short i had to run 4k rpm at 5th gear running 55miles.i want to know what tranny is tight and run strong. and time to time it has weird idle goes upto 2500rpm down to low rpm that sometimes turns off the engine so i had to keep giving gas to keep the rpm high enough so it wont stop. and the hatch has quick releasing sparco steering wheel and when i hit the turn signal, it wont stop automatic so i have to move signal light off with my hand. which part do j have to get to make it work again? and my interior just rattles real loud likely plastic parts are about to fall apart. is there any website has information how to kill interior noise?

thanx for reading and it would be great to get a help from someone who loves and knows well about eg hatch.
By LSVTIEG
samuel1217 wrote:ffirst of all, i got my hatch while trade and fail the emission test here in virginia. its b16 ls swapped and pretty modified, all motor. it has s200 hondata. 1993 hatch. i got it while trading my car. its fun to drive Around but i face some technical issue here and there. got typr r tranny but 5th gear used to pop off diriving for more than certain time but after the fluid change it did okay. but the gear ratios is way toooooo short i had to run 4k rpm at 5th gear running 55miles.i want to know what tranny is tight and run strong. and time to time it has weird idle goes upto 2500rpm down to low rpm that sometimes turns off the engine so i had to keep giving gas to keep the rpm high enough so it wont stop. and the hatch has quick releasing sparco steering wheel and when i hit the turn signal, it wont stop automatic so i have to move signal light off with my hand. which part do j have to get to make it work again? and my interior just rattles real loud likely plastic parts are about to fall apart. is there any website has information how to kill interior noise?

thanx for reading and it would be great to get a help from someone who loves and knows well about eg hatch.

for your trans id go with an ls 5th gear, its more suited for highway speeds & it also sounds like it could be rebuilt anyway. gear should run you bout $80. your idle prob could be TPS (throtle position sensor) or maybe something with the tune since you are running hondata. rattle issue is probably due to stiffer engine mounts, my car shakes more since the addition of my energy suspension engine mount bushings but i dont have many rattles. you are going to have to go through the car & find out where the rattling is coming from& start tightening up any loose nuts, bolts & screws. a little felt will also help on any interior panels that come in contact with each other or the metal body. small pieces of sound deadener like dynamt or stinger road kill on & aroun any mounting points will also help. as far as your turn signal you may need to replace the switch, but im not familiar with quick release staering wheels.
By bserius
#249926 as for your turn signal issue some cars just dont work auto after swapping a aftermarket wheel in
By bserius
#249927 as for interior noise try dynamat its for serious stereos but alot of ppl do the cars to stop road noise and that. also id try n get idle screw to set where its hi enough not to stall out on ya. my car does it too here n there. it could be your iacv, tps or tune like said. u could test the tps but im not exactly sure of how to just google it. u gotta have a volt meter and test with key on and hold throttle all the way open i think and get a certain voltage reading