Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JayJay
#248673 HI there

Im lookin for a 180 km /h gauge....

So i thought maybe someones got a printable template for me ?

I just dont want to spent 40$ or more for that stuff - wanna print it by myself

i think it would look good if i use such a high class paper and hunt it through my laser printer....

Help me out Guys
:wink:
By Robbys89
#248674 papers no good really its a fine sheet of transparent plastic thats used on gauge faces, if you use paper the lighting at night through all the numbers and letters etc will be very dim if not visible at all.
By Flatland_EG
#248863 I did this on my old accord, my instrument cluster was lighted from the top not just the back so it worked well. I used DIY bumper sticker printer paper(any office supply store or Wal-Mart should have it) and than I scanned my gauge faces onto my computer and used a photo editing program to change pretty much anything I wanted(color, fonts, add pictures or logos) and then printed them out on the bumper sticker sheets.
The sticker material works well because it's plastic with a porous surface for the ink to stick to and it has the sticky backing so it stats in place but comes off easy when/if the need should arise to remove it.

If you can find an old set of gauges I suggest dissecting them for the faces instead of trying to use the ones in my car, I ruined all my gauges in a previous experiment and they are not cheap to replace, especially the MPH/KPH w/ odometer. :oops: :)