Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By forcefedEG
#247918 Imo. For what you spend for a b16 swap from some one online.... I'd spend a little more and get a gsr.... if that's not an option I'd go b18b but I'd find a gsr trans for that motor if you do that lol. Gsr gears hit a sweet spot with a ls motor.... but I can't knock a b16 there tough and can take a beating, good all around engine.... I'd go dohc regardless, just my .02
:wink:
By kapow
#248161 bisimoto has done some amazing things to SOHC engines, pulling out amazing horsepower numbers. But theres more after market support for a b16! Both swaps are easy, just with a b16 you need a few more stuff.

Go with a B16!

If cash is a bit steep, go for the Z6, both engines are good in my opinion
By suspendedHatch
kapow wrote:bisimoto has done some amazing things to SOHC engines

To SOHC F series engines.

Bisimotor wears and sells T-shirts that say "I love twin cams".

B16 is a great motor but highly overpriced, and theres not much torque difference between a D16Z6 and a B16. The smart route is a B18 with a GSR trans and some mods. It might not be baller status.. but you're driving a Honda so what do you want?
By LSVTIEG
#249866 id go with a B18B cuz thats what i have in my hatch. more torque than a stock d series B16 or GSR. ive pulled B16's on the highway. for a trany id build a hybrid. B16 or GSR 1st 2nd & 3rd with ls 4th & 5th. just my .02. asfar as swapping its gravy, should be just drop in, plug in & go as long as you dont have to swap out spindles & you get the same OBD as the car.dont 4get you'll also need the integra shift linkage. swap can be done in 3-5 hours minus exhaust.
By hambone089
#252736 im running a d16z6 right now and its definately fun, but im saving up to put a b16a in it. part of thats is cuz i want to do a type R build, the other part is i drove a buddy from schools hatch that has a b16a and when that vtec kicked in i felt far more kick than with my z6. id say if your willing to drop the money on either, do it right the first time and get the b16.
By lsvbeghatch
#256112 b16 :woot: ... for a while then pull the b16 block and go b18c block and have fun lol i have a b16a2 new everything inside of it jdm p30 ecu vafc2 tri-y header cai exhaust and i have full interior and a system in the back consisting of 2 10s and a custom box and ive been walking my friends ls swapped egs everyday i actually pulled an ls to put the b16 in
By Elaurian
#258003 go for the b series!