Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 93eghatchie
#246470 i just got a 93 hatch back si eg for 1500 it has a d16 z6 but my motor is from japan so its the zz i got a magnaflow exhaust and already painting my valve cover and a kandn intake what other mods should i do to the single cam motor. after it blows i want to so a b18a built internals with a big nitrous shot but till then anyone have spare parts for the motor or my exterior? thanks :)
By dbrooks
#246474 a good upgrade for a basic z6 would be a good header and maybe a test pipe, if you like that stuff. maybe upgrading your intake manifold too! i kinda want to build a N/A z6 thats putting out 150's-160's. it would probably take a lot, but its not impossible!
By 93eghatchie
#246685 yea a high 14 sec single cam all motor would be pretty cool. im been looking into a cam gear a under drive pully and a y8 intake manifold (heard they breath better than the z6 manifold) after that do a ebay turbo kit for like 500 to 600 bucks i know its crappy quality but as long as it bolts on there good sounds good and has the cool bov sound and i wouldnt mind having a mid to low 14 second car...
By anthonyisd3ad
93eghatchie wrote:yea a high 14 sec single cam all motor would be pretty cool. im been looking into a cam gear a under drive pully and a y8 intake manifold (heard they breath better than the z6 manifold) after that do a ebay turbo kit for like 500 to 600 bucks i know its crappy quality but as long as it bolts on there good sounds good and has the cool bov sound and i wouldnt mind having a mid to low 14 second car...

then your wastegate breaks and you kiss your motor goodbye lol
By 93eghatchie
#246840 would a cheap setup like that last me 8 to 12 months? if i dont abuse it?
By anthonyisd3ad
93eghatchie wrote:would a cheap setup like that last me 8 to 12 months? if i dont abuse it?

i wouldnt count on it bro. i wouldnt trust it on my car for 10 minutes. save your money if your only planning to use it for 8 to 12 months. everything from ebay is made with cheap materials. i would only trust ebay for things like intakes
By 1ACarlos
#247137 Show us some pics to see what you have
By Eg6H2D
93eghatchie wrote:would a cheap setup like that last me 8 to 12 months? if i dont abuse it?

Just stay away from those cheap ebay ram manifold if your going with ebay do the cast iron manifold.

like this..

Away from Thissssss.. they crack quickly under pressure as the pipes they use are retarted thin..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-CI ... ccessories

get this if going ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-Ho ... ccessories

and of coursea good waste gate and blowoff valve turbo look for something above 300 and below 600. Look for CX racing on ebay. they also have their own website. cxracing.com.. reputable spot to go to for low budget turbo set ups..

:thumb:
By ogxandrew
#247437 :thumb: :woot:
By 93eghatchie
#247655 thanks guys , you guys really helped :thumb: i will post pictures on my first honda which is the s.i im talking about .
By orangeEG
#250334 i've seen a couple ebay turbo kits that worked out fine, the thing is your spending 500-900 on a turbo kit... only to turn around and drop a good chunk on getting it tuned, still not bad but if you think your going to slap it on and go racing without getting it tuned... you'll be the first one racing to get out of the car when you hear gunshots coming out from under the hood (not a fun sound to hear... i should know haha)

the biggest things i've heard of breaking on the ebay kits are the waste gates and the oil return lines acually melting away
By Eg6H2D
orangeEG wrote:i've seen a couple ebay turbo kits that worked out fine, the thing is your spending 500-900 on a turbo kit... only to turn around and drop a good chunk on getting it tuned, still not bad but if you think your going to slap it on and go racing without getting it tuned... you'll be the first one racing to get out of the car when you hear gunshots coming out from under the hood (not a fun sound to hear... i should know haha)

the biggest things i've heard of breaking on the ebay kits are the waste gates and the oil return lines acually melting away

the welds on those rams horns kits on ebay suck. they crack under pressure.. My buddy has an eg hatch right now d16z6 turbo. leaking like crazy. previous owner did that set up and it just sucks..

Las tthing anyone wants to do is buy something twice.. so for the record EBAY RAMHORNS SUCK!!!! :lol:
By orangeEG
#251221 ya the cast iron ones are they way to go i seen the welds on the ram ones and lets just say "thats quality!" haha
By Eg6H2D
#251224 Yea. I mean these are ok but still crack. the first on i posted is beyond suck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/d15-d16- ... 4158caf6ee