Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ej0470114
#243751 ok so this thing is all wobbly and I decided to tighten it today since I'm working on a wife up for this forum having nothing to do with this but still I can't figure how to tighten it or take it off there no back part to it
By teal_dx
ej0470114 wrote:ok so this thing is all wobbly and I decided to tighten it today since I'm working on a wife up for this forum having nothing to do with this but still I can't figure how to tighten it or take it off there no back part to it

wife up = write up? :lol:
So you're saying the part of the shock that pivots on the ball piece has too much play?
I thought they are all one piece. You can use a wrench and turn the bolt part and it should loosen and come out of the body. It looks like it has seen a wrench before.
By ej0470114
#243872 It just spins and spins but the thread won't come out the other one is fine but what I ment about a back part was where u screw it into is just a hole on the body of the car
By kagedws6
#243904 I had the issue back on my 90 hatch. the nut that "was" welded on the other side had broken loose. ended up cutting it and tackwelding a nut on the outside (had found a thin nut and had someone at work tack around the edge) and then put the hydrolic back on.
By 92_eghatch
#243945 where can i get the ball pivot parts? is that something you can get from honda as well? or...
By ej0470114
#243980 Yea that's exatly what I thought about the Loose part inside ...... thanks now I'm not afraid of opening it but idk how I would figure out how to put it back together lol....... would a regular body shop be able to re weld on some thing for me ?
By 92_eghatch
#244063 anybody know where you get the ball pivots? do you get them from honda, or parts store when you get your gas struts?
By 92_eghatch
chilango41 wrote:You can get them from honda or auto zone.

Be ready to pay the prize

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... _7470_7886

where do you get the actual "ball pivot" though. i now where to get the struts, but where do you find the pivots? i know i could go to a junk yard, but that could be hit or miss.
By 92_eghatch
#244117 ok nevermind...seems some of them come with the pivots and some don't. answered my own question! :woot:
By carlitosway
92_eghatch wrote:anybody know where you get the ball pivots? do you get them from honda, or parts store when you get your gas struts?

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/

use that site it breaks everything down for you using pictures and you can order individual parts, i had to replace all the parts that hold the shocks in place, and when i went to honda they wanted to sell me the whole assy. and not just the little nuts and bolts....... thats y it cost so much at honda or autozone...... good luck