Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ogxandrew
#247379 Whatever you do, the best advice is: Take your time! Good luck!
By kapow
#248165 Damn that civic is clean! I bought my civic from Sydney too, can't get over how cheap cars are there.

What model is it? GL, GLi, Vti, Breeze?
By bserius
#249930 gold classics on your blue would be sick. if ya do suspension dont cheap out get 1 piece setup or u will regret it trust me ive been there..
By Loki_95EG
#249952 I usually start out with the two things that are noticed first... Lowering it and rims, Those two mods right there make the biggest difference to me as far as overall appearance.. then from there like Dbrooks said... start with little things interior wise, then do some research on what you think you can get done or would like to do!
By fresh eh2*
#249960 Restore before modding! These cars are getting up there as far as age. Take it on a long drive point out the problems and fix them before you start modding it. Thats a very good starting platform you have. Keep it clean!
By 23
dbrooks wrote:my advice to you, would be to take things one step at a time and start out with simple things.

getting a nice shift boot and shift knob is a great start for someone starting to modify a car. doing random small things like that gets you used to taking off parts and whatnot. as you get more and more experience, you can start doing more things, like getting a new sound system and wiring it up yourself.

if you're brand new to all of this, i wouldnt worry about any engine mods for awhile. suspension work isn't hard at all either..... i would just start with interior stuff, since it all goes together pretty easily.

new wheels and tires are always nice, but your stock hubcaps do look nice on a clean daily driver.

overall, you have a base that a lot of people look for. you can mod this whole entire car if you want, or you can keep it simple and clean.

I totally agree with you, sir. I'm new to this Honda game too. I would keep it simple, just the way I want it to be. Motors? I wouldn't go there, because there's so many things to do to have it completed, haha. Just hook up the rims, tires and interior parts, and have it lowered. Not SLAMED! BTW, nice pick up you got there, man. it's clean, how much you got it for? If you don't mind me asking.
By gtstripes
#250138 hey welcome to the site! i used to live in cambelltown now in canberra! howoften u come here? no1 here lives in canberra and i need to meet other civic people lol hit me up if you come down here ill re-do your interior :D for free lol (or $10 if i feel like maccas)
By JayJay
#250181 would u tell me which Color Code this Blue is ?
By hambone089
#252770 love the clean hatch. i wish i could have found one stock that was that clean! unfortunately winter creates a little bit of work around here. good luck with the build :thumb:
By kookykrispy
#253051 Wow!! Your car is Goregeous. I would stay very close to stock... its so nice to have a car that clean!!

My hatch is very close to stock and I plan to keep it that way.

Like others have said before, your mods will be dependent on what you want to do with your car.

My car is a daily driver/commuter, but I just invested in some quality springs and shocks, just to lower it a little and improve handling a bit. I would like it to handle a little better and I like the slightly lowered look.

Just keep all your stock parts, if you add anything, so you can go back to 100% bone stock when/if you ever sell it!
By bocherks1
#255849 car looks good - just don't cheap out and ebay the car out.