Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cjw_89
#241457 Ok so here is my deal. I have a b1 swapped hatch :lol: but i think my gearbox is acting up or i may just be losing it.

To start off i have an energy suspension rear mount insert.Driverside torque mount is shot,and passenger isnt there casue i didn't have one. I think when i jump hard on the car the engine kinda tilts/shifts and my shifter becomes VERY weird to shift. Like it dosen't wanna agree with me. At first i thought it was a big chunk or ice jammed between the dustshield and shifter linkage but :? ..

I have no whining noise coming from my tob. It shift fine normal driing minus the occasional 3rd gear grind and high rpms. So do you guys think that where i am short a mount and the engine shifting could cause my problem.

I have searched and people keep saying its a bushing its a bushing! Its not a bushing i made a diy short shifter and went with bearings over and bushing/o rings. Its not only to and fro.Its left and right like there is someone holding onto it lmao. It feels weird..
By cjw_89
#241458 I think the whole linkage gets shifted ahead and stays like it for a little bit causing this weird issue. No grinds minus 3rd gear at times though.

Possibly the dust shield working against me?
By ghskid06
#241460 You may just have to get under there and look. You have rod shifter linkage still right?

Well the two mounts you are talking about are pretty much worthless anyways, as long as the rest of your mounts are good. Basically it seems to me like they might just improve the lifespan of your others.

Your shifter cant really slide forwards and backwards as long as its hooked up.

your trans has syncros which speed up your gears before you shift. If your gears are not up to speed your trans will sometimes not allow you to shift into the new gear. It usually happens when downshifting but it could be that.
By cjw_89
#241462 i mean in neutral even shifting from left to right? I do know one thing. I had a previous civic with the rear mount 19mm (2) bolts stripped.The engi ne shifted that bad the shifter damaged the floor area where it comes up through and it was horrible. Needles to say that ls 5th swapped b16 gearbox i bought was a flop.. I think it could very well be a chunk of ice but i figured not much could stand up to the heat coming from the exhaust.

Oh and thanks for the reply. If anyone has any info on some syptoms they have or had like this please post them up :)
By cjw_89
#241634 Ah hah. I will bew sure to look that over. Thank you teal dx