Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Honda4life
#239017 Is your car a hatch, coupe, sedan? Also look at your vin and it will have the letters after numbers
By 92_eghatch
#239027 its a hatch.

i went through my vin and researched everything on it, but didn't see where it said what it was. EG(number here)
By chrono404
#239031 As explained in "Decoding your VIN" Spots 4-6 in your VIN are your model #.

Most US Spec EG Hatch's are EH's not EG's. Reason they are Known as "EG's" is becouse of the SIR II EG6 Hatch that was never sold in america. Same Reason the EK's are known as "EK's" Despite none of the American EK's not having an EK VIN, They are tagged as "EJ*number*" or EM1 for the USDM Si, or Canadian SIR.
By Ajax1989
chrono404 wrote:As explained in "Decoding your VIN" Spots 4-6 in your VIN are your model #.

Most US Spec EG Hatch's are EH's not EG's. Reason they are Known as "EG's" is becouse of the SIR II EG6 Hatch that was never sold in america. Same Reason the EK's are known as "EK's" Despite none of the American EK's not having an EK VIN, They are tagged as "EJ*number*" or EM1 for the USDM Si, or Canadian SIR.

yeah to me a 5th gen is a "eg" and a 6th gen is a "ek"
someone on another site said that "eg" and "ek" are jdm???

then explain to me how my EG8 is usdm :eh:

people get butt hurt when i say nice ek coupe or nice eg hatch lol
By 92_eghatch
#239181 haha. yeah, if my eg is jdm, explain why mine was manufactured in canada lol.
By Ajax1989
92_eghatch wrote:haha. yeah, if my eg is jdm, explain why mine was manufactured in canada lol.

well mine usdm but it was manufacterd in japan, the plant build the cars for there markets and other markets

and when i mean jdm, i mean like the eg9 is the "jdm" version of the sedans, and the eg6 is the "jdm" version of the hatch.. nd so on

so when people follow this gaydm thing and none of the udsm 6th gen's were classified as ek, they were ej's and the em1.. but since the ek9 hatch is the "jdm" model, people get butt hurt when u say nice ek coupe or sedan.. its funnie..
By 92_eghatch
#239198 lol. butt hurt lol
By asianrob
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
92_eghatch wrote:haha. yeah, if my eg is jdm, explain why mine was manufactured in canada lol.

well mine usdm but it was manufacterd in japan, the plant build the cars for there markets and other markets

and when i mean jdm, i mean like the eg9 is the "jdm" version of the sedans, and the eg6 is the "jdm" version of the hatch.. nd so on

so when people follow this gaydm thing and none of the udsm 6th gen's were classified as ek, they were ej's and the em1.. but since the ek9 hatch is the "jdm" model, people get butt hurt when u say nice ek coupe or sedan.. its funnie..

our cars are jdm lol. there EG's well ALL Blue plate honda's are made in japan except the EH and EJ cars are made in Canada's plant.
By mADmAN

because the "DM" does NOT signify where it was manufactured....it signifies specifications or where its meant to be sold.

anyway... back to topic.. dont know about the civics over in US... but the ones over here in Malaysia (both JDM EGs n Local EH chassis) has the chassis numbers stamped on the firewall.. starts with "EG#-blablabla" or "EH#-blablabla"or "EF#-blablabla"or "EK#-blablabla"or "EJ#-blablabla"...

this is a better way of finding out the TRUE chassis number since them blue/red tags on the front can be easily swapped out.

over here people dont swap over firewalls but they do swap out them tags.
By Ajax1989
asianrob wrote:our cars are jdm lol. there EG's well ALL Blue plate honda's are made in japan except the EH and EJ cars are made in Canada's plant.

my car was made in japan for the usdm market how is that JDM?..
people need to remember that JDM is a Market

so a civic built in japan for the USDMarket isnt a JDM spec civic..
a civic built for japan specs or anyother country that gets the japan spec civic, then that is JDM.. thats what im tryin to say

here is a bone stock civic 4dr USDM built in japan(mine at day1)

and here is some bone stock 4dr for the JDMarket(or other countrys that get japan spec civic's)

as u can see the cars are built for diff markets
JDM
USDM
CDM
EDM

where your car is made doesnt mean its that markets car
By asianrob
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
asianrob wrote:our cars are jdm lol. there EG's well ALL Blue plate honda's are made in japan except the EH and EJ cars are made in Canada's plant.

my car was made in japan for the usdm market how is that JDM?..
people need to remember that JDM is a Market

so a civic built in japan for the USDMarket isnt a JDM spec civic..
a civic built for japan specs or anyother country that gets the japan spec civic, then that is JDM.. thats what im tryin to say

here is a bone stock civic 4dr USDM built in japan(mine at day1)

and here is some bone stock 4dr for the JDMarket(or other countrys that get japan spec civic's)

as u can see the cars are built for diff markets
JDM
USDM
CDM
EDM

where your car is made doesnt mean its that markets car

lol just busting your balls man! hahah
By M Riley
#239662 Since most EG's are made in Japan for various markets. Have you ever heard of any minor part mix ups that perhaps occurred in the assembly line? For example say a JDM arm rest or an amber hazard light installed into a USDM EG?