Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 92_eghatch
#238987 i know this should be posted in the DIY for that thread, but it was posted back in 2008 lol.

i read through it, and understand everything, but my question is how do you remove the airbag? do you just pry it off the steering wheel? or is that what the torx bolts on the side and bottom are for? remove them and the bag will come off?

please help, i have to install a new ignition cause mine is broken off it's post and is just hanging... still has the clamp mounted to the column lol. someone before me zip tied the shit out of it to hold it up...

thanks!!!!!
By TrailerTrash
#238991 pretty sure the airbag/steering wheel have to be removed for this but im not 100%. you might just be able to take the upper/lower steering column cover off without removing the wheel. but it would be much easier without the wheel in the way

To answer your question, yes the torxs bits are what hold the airbag in place. first disconnect your battery and turn on your headlights to make sure your electrical system is drained then wait a few minutes then take the torxs screws out remove the airbag and unplug it then removing the wheel is easy unless you need a steering wheel puller.

holy run-on im sorry
By 92_eghatch
#238995 awesome. that answers my question. run on or not.. im not genious when it comes to run ons or grammar so...

i'm thinking i have to remove the steering wheel like what is shown in the DIY. my ignition is not connected to the column clamp at all. the clamp is actually still connected to the column. and according to the DIY, the nuts are self shearing? so...if that's the case, i will have to cut it off. ....so the more room the better in this case.
By JDMteALeG6
#239327 my hatch got stolen and the people who stole it kinda fked this side of the hatch.
the metal piece where u stick the key in is just hanging there, and the lock to it is broken off.
my question is how do i replace this back to oem style?!?!?!?!?!? :?
im fkn clueless
By ghskid06
JDMteALeG6 wrote:my hatch got stolen and the people who stole it kinda fked this side of the hatch.
the metal piece where u stick the key in is just hanging there, and the lock to it is broken off.
my question is how do i replace this back to oem style?!?!?!?!?!? :?
im fkn clueless

if your door isnt bent then the metal clip that holds the lock cylinder in place probably just fell off. Im not sure what you mean when you say the lock is broken off...you mean the interior lock switch?