Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By chrono404
#237259 Depends on what you want to do with it.

I mean if you want to do Auto Cross or Track days and need instant throttle response then you will want something N/A. So a "G23 VTEC" Build would probably be the best Performance/Weight for N/A. It will also be less money the going K Series.

If your into Drag Racing then a Turbo Built Turbo D Series is probably your best bet for Power to Weight. Going to a B Series, especially a B18b or b20b will give much better low end torque and will be quicker even if it makes the same horse power. However a Turbo B will more expensive and heavier then a Turbo D.

Also Turbo Honda's are almost never problem free. they will be reliable after the 6-9 months it takes to diagnosis all the strange little issues. Even then you still have much more to go wrong.

For Future use post more descriptive titles and people are more apt to help. I was very tempted to not post anything in this thread.
By Trang
#237284 You forgot the J series. Its not the lightest but it is the most powerful.
By chrono404
Trang wrote:You forgot the J series. Its not the lightest but it is the most powerful.

I didn't forget the J Series, in a Drag setup a Turbo J Series would be a beast. however how much power you can get out of the least weight imo is what I posted.

Turbo G23 VTEC would also be beastly. Also it wont weight that much more then a Turbo B Series setup.
By swappedb18crate
#237336 well i have a b18 crate spooner motor its pushing 210 220 hp stock and i got a turbo manifold kit for a b-series and i didnt think adding that would be a good idea but i mean i thought about a k-series but aint those heavy?
By cjw_89
#237468 6 k for 200 hp k isnt worth that much to me!
By OleFolk
chrono404 wrote:Turbo G23 VTEC would also be beastly.

x2 :thumb:

Edit: N/A proven 260whp
By NABeastRR
#238470 Ks are about the same weight as a B & yes they may be more but theres no B gunna run 230 whp with boltons & on pumpgas like a K will ,well worth the money!