Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#235626 Great stuff but what would be the best for an interior D.I.Y. paint job for your dash? What would be close to O.E.M. black ,Glossy, Flat, or Satin??? I know there are a few great D.I.Y. posts here and on other forums but all fail to mention which paint texture to use.
I'm attempting this project in the spring as soon as it's warm enough. So far I have my tailgate painted via Krylon Fusion Satin Black and going to paint my rear L & R panels...
By hatchie
#235639 Auto part stores sell vinyl paint that's what you want to use
By hondahero89
#235662 i used krylon flat black for mine, it came out pretty good imo
By M Riley
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
M Riley wrote:Krylon Fusion Satin Black and going to paint my rear L & R panels...

how does this stuff work

and sem vinyl dye works good :thumb:

Krylon Fusuion Satin is close on the money if you want the factory look in Satin Black. All it took just a few coats and my rear interior panles look like new. Painting over dark blue helps a lot. However, my tailgate cover has some deep scratches that sanding can only do so much. I didn't use primer because I couldn't find primer for plastic and even then I don't think that can help out much. What I did was get as many spare black interior parts as I can for my blue CX interior.
By cjw_89
#235730 i am waiting on a can of adhesion promotor to come in.I need to paint my grey armerest black.Ill use dupli color vinyl and fabric on top of the promotor
By M Riley
cjw_89 wrote:i am waiting on a can of adhesion promotor to come in.I need to paint my grey armerest black.Ill use dupli color vinyl and fabric on top of the promotor

That will work :thumb: Do you have the JDM arm rest?
By gtstripes
#235903 VHT black vinyl spray.. done my dash 6months ago or something and have no sign of peel/chips :D
By cjw_89
#235928 naww just out of a cdm eg8 sedan..I wish i did.But the more eye candy you have to educated people they more likely the car is to be stolen :wink: ..I want to wrap my armrest cover in black vinyl...Has anyone wrapped on before not stiched on each side...
By M Riley
#236549 Dupli-Color Flat Black is right on the money to O.E.M. black interior :thumb: This stuff is good
By fresh eh2*
#236654 Looks good!!! Keep us updated on how the dye holds up over time. Im debating on using duplicolor or SEM on my gathers rear interior which is currently a charcoal color.
By robster
#236681 I have the stuff allready 2 years in my car and its still good, no chipping no pealing.
The importent thing is ''do not'' use any cleaning stuff only use a wett towel and your good.

And a good preparation!
1. use Duplicolor plastic cleaner
2. use Duplicolor plastic primer
3. use Duplicolor plastic paint

heat it up! 50°C / 122°F