Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#235493 I live in Chicago and the temperature is around 25-32 degrees. I gutted my rear blue interior panels to paint them black in my basement. As for the interior I keep my car in my garage and want to primer the rear interior floor. Will the primer stick in cold weather???
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#235514 It will. But you should wait till it's warmer
By hatchie
#235517 How warm is ur basement cuz it not about sticking its about drying and hardening. It'll stick but just peel away when summer comes ...I say just wait unless u can get ur basement warm enough :thumb:
By M Riley
#235546 My basement is 50-60 degrees, warmer by the furnace, and boilers. I'm going to put my plastic parts to dry near the furnace. I drove to several stores to find a few cans of Krylon Fusion Satin Black. It's hard to find spray paint in Chicago because it isn't allowed to be sold within city limits.
By Eg6H2D
M Riley wrote:My basement is 50-60 degrees, warmer by the furnace, and boilers. I'm going to put my plastic parts to dry near the furnace. I drove to several stores to find a few cans of Krylon Fusion Satin Black. It's hard to find spray paint in Chicago because it isn't allowed to be sold within city limits.

grafitti.. :?
By M Riley
EG6b20R wrote:
M Riley wrote:My basement is 50-60 degrees, warmer by the furnace, and boilers. I'm going to put my plastic parts to dry near the furnace. I drove to several stores to find a few cans of Krylon Fusion Satin Black. It's hard to find spray paint in Chicago because it isn't allowed to be sold within city limits.

grafitti.. :?

Yup, :cry: King Mayor Daley
By gtstripes
#235902 good thing about Australia, gets as hot and dry as an arabs sandal. i had no problem re-spraying my interior :P .. i could have done mine on hotter days, but awell done it 6months ago and have NO sign of chippin etc.. theres a brand VHT or sumthing, get it. its gooood shit :weee: :2girls1cup:
By 92_eghatch
#241713 it will dry, but it will take forever. buy a couple heat lamps or a couple halogen shop lights if you can. will help the heating issue. had a problem painting stuff in the actual cold months in FL when i would try painting at my shop. heat lamps with help though...

(dont put them right on the part lol, but close enough it still feels radiant)