Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ILoveMyEg3
#234741 Ok So Heres The Story
I Need My 95 Black EG3 Hatchback To Pass The NCT Which Is In One Week..
Iv Been Told I Need A New Exhaust ...Now The Whole Pipe Is Rusted But The Back Box Is Fine But The Problem Is Im Being Told I Need To Put A Standard Original BackBox On It For The Nct Now Iv Been Told The Emissions Are Fine At The Moment But A Standard Back Box Is Suggested.... :?

Now My Problem With That Is ..If The Emissions are Fine Then Why Go Backwards With The Car??? Why Not Just Get New Pipe...

I Mean If I Put A Standard Exhaust On It Now For The NCT Then Afterwards Ill Be Putting A Big BackBox On It Anyway So Why Waste The Money Putting A Standard One On If Im Gonna Put A Big One O n Afterwards ????Make Sense Or Am I Just Rambleing LOL????

O And Im Being Told The Front Right Arm Is Going ....Lol Now My Question To This Is What The Hell Is A Front Right Arm?????And Whats It Do???And Any Ideas How Much It Costs To Repair?? :oops:

Might Sound Stupid But Im Slowly Learning Lol And The Most Impoetant Thing Is I Love My Civic And I Only Want The Best For Her.... :D

Any Answers Would Be Great :thumb:
Thanks Guys :thumb:
By asianrob
#234748 will your car pass with aftermarket exhaust on?

i would go ask them.

as far as the front right arm im assuming they are talking about the Lower control arm. bushings could be shot. you could replace those bushings or get another arm.
By ILoveMyEg3
#234752 Yeah Ill Have To Ask, Its Just Im Sure every aftermarket exhaust doesnt have to come off every honda for an nct ????

lol cool now i gots some idea of what im up Against lol

HAHa How You Guys Know So Much lol????

I Mean Im Trying To Learn LOL But lol every question answered lol

Thanks For Your Answer :thumb:
By cjw_89
#234753 energy suspension is your friend.Remove it burn the rubber cut the steel out with a hacksaw and replace it with some new bushing.My hatch has it all around with rear omni power lcas and it rides REAL rough but its nice..As for your exhuast you are on your own bud.We dont have emmisions here in nfld thank god!! But my car has a turbo talon cat,stock res and stock muffler wouldn't it pass anyways?
By asianrob
#234767 gotta learn how to work on your car thats all lol.

you deff can use the ES bushings. id go with black. they said red squeaks a lot? i dont know i never changed it out before. you could always go with hardrace bushings and what not. or the mugen bushings. which is like OEM but a little stronger.
By ILoveMyEg3
#234896 Ok cool thanks :-)
Not to sure iv got alot to look up and research lol
Yeah emissions are a real pain

Oh and as for bud lol im female guess I never said ....
Thanks for your help ill look into that sounds good ill let ya know how I get on but with a money shortage I doubt that will be very far lol ..... :hehe:
By asianrob
ILoveMyEg3 wrote:Ok cool thanks :-)
Not to sure iv got alot to look up and research lol
Yeah emissions are a real pain

Oh and as for bud lol im female guess I never said ....
Thanks for your help ill look into that sounds good ill let ya know how I get on but with a money shortage I doubt that will be very far lol ..... :hehe:

no problem :)

i know money shortages suck lol

have you made a build thread yet?
By ILoveMyEg3
#235001 No havint a build thread yet cant seem to get the who pic thing yet lol
Plus I havint takin alot of pics so far I got an engine change and changed alloys and some interior but didnt before pics lol just after lol woops
By asianrob
#235018 haha its all good. should make a build thread so you can see how far your car has gotten!

mine went through a lot in 1 year.