Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#234672 What is the difference between a JDN taillight v's the USDM one? Again just like the amber corner lights there are too many companies who make them. I don't see a difference unless JDM lights are super rare and mistaken with USDM lights.
By JUICE
#234703 ^this.

the usdm have an extra reflector in the outers that the JDM don't have. people will say that the reverse lights are tinted on the JDM inners but this is NOT true.
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:^this.

the usdm have an extra reflector in the outers that the JDM don't have. people will say that the reverse lights are tinted on the JDM inners but this is NOT true.

Really? then why do the reverse light look darker?.
By JUICE
#235233 ^ trust me. they're not

I have a set of "smoked" JDM inners.. they're EXACTLY the same as USDM. it's not like the USDM are bright white, they both look slightly tinted.
By Ajax1989
#235234 the jdm taillights look just like stock

the red/clears, si's 50/50 watever, are not JDM
By Eg6H2D
94_jdm_ferio wrote:the jdm taillights look just like stock

no no i know. but check out JDMLand.com . they mention and show the real SiR Eg taillights are like our but like mentioned above no outter reflector.

The EDM set with the inner left side of the trunk fog light have the smoked reverse lenses. The smoked are definataly EDm not JDM at all. EDM requiring the rear fog by standards out that way..
Last edited by Eg6H2D on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ajax1989
EG6b20R wrote:

no no i know. but check out JDMLand.com . they mention and show the real SiR Eg taillights are like our but like mentioned above no outter reflector.

The EDM set with the inner left side of the trunk fog light have the smoked reverse lenses. The smoked are definataly EDm not JDM at all. EDM requiring the rear fog by standards out that way..

these are said to be from a JDM EG6 Sir.. look at the inner tail with the reverse light..

i know that, im saying that these

are not JDM

i know about the reflector and the rear fog and all that
By Eg6H2D
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
EG6b20R wrote:

these are said to be from a JDM EG6 Sir.. look at the inner tail with the reverse light..

i know that, im saying that these

are not JDM

i know about the reflector and the rear fog and all that

Ohh i know the the 50/50 those are ebay specials!! lol..

True JDM/EDM never came half and half as far as i know to my knowledge, but i could be wrong..
. idk why they label it as JDM.. even tho they do look nice IMO..
By Ajax1989
#235249 you said it ur self, egay says its jdm then its jdm :thumbdown:

yeah they look nice, i have a set my self and i like em
but if i could come up on some
real jdm or edm talilights then ill jump(when i can afford it)

and ur correct no eg came stock wit red/clears
By Butterzz
#235300 The Ebay 50/50 red and whites are called 'JDM' because some 10 year old in Japan made them :)