Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 13th Evil
#233535 Hi guys! Does any one know what is the difference between SIR, SIR II, SIR-S? Also on which eg model you get all the extras? (i.e. air conditon, electric mirrors-sunroof-windows, ABS, I heard some of them got traction control) Thanks for your time! :)
By LaosToaster
#233661 the only thing i kno that i can answer is that SIR egs have 1st gen B16s. and SIR-II egs have 2nd gen B16s :? i dont kno the rest sorry
By Ajax1989
#233667 i know the diff in the sedans
is the interior

but iono bout the hatch
and i believe the eg6 hatch is the highest model
By OleFolk
#233673 Theres also
LSi, ESi, VEi, VTi

Whatever, I kinda wanna know the difference between
EH2 and EH3
By rtegra92
#233738 for the sir-s special five spoke wheels, all black interior panels, momo leather wraped steering wheel, 6 speaker audio system, came with fogs standard, keyless entry, lsd, and diffrent seat fabric,
im pretty sure this is accurate
By btk2334
#236586 hmm never thought about that... just know i have the SiRII motor
By Eg6H2D
#236694 Yep the SIR-S is the topest of them all all optins and all the goods..
By *Miss_Honda*
#236708 I got my parkingpole, foglights and spoiler from a SiR2 here in Holland, i didnt see them on the other models maybe except the SiR-S .. never heard from it actually :oops: :D
By Eg6H2D
By Jsa-SIR2
#238180 I have had an SiR2 for 5 years now and it came with all the SiR-S add-on's par the LSD, ABS and the different paint.

The SiR2's had different seats (better I think) and some came with sat-nav!
Supper rare!!! I want!!!!

Jon.
By civiclover
#239686 sir- floating headrest sirII- different seats black interior sir-s-6 speaker system momo sw 5spoke wheels
By KieranEG6
#240738 I am puzzled by this also.

I always thought the SiR was the name for the 4th gen JDM civic/crx Vtecs (b16a)

Then when they brought out the 5th gen civic (EG6) they called the Vtec b16a model the SiR II.

There doesn't seem to be any official information on this.

Some people say the the earlyer JDM EG6's were SiR's and then they brought out the SiRII. But mine is a Feb 1992 and i know of someone who has a 1991 and both are asummed to be SiRII's.

Unless mine is actualy only an SiR.

Oh and for the record all JDM EG6's have the 2nd gen b16a 170ps engine in them. I have both engine's in bits in my shed, a First gen b16a out of an old CRX SiR and my original B16a out of my 1992 EG6 supposed SiR. They are deffinatly different.

The second gen 170ps B16a has slighly higher domed pistons and aparenlty a few extra deg duration on the intake cam. But im yet to confirm the cam difference.
By KieranEG6
#241000 Japan only.

Europe got the Vti and thats all. 158hp b16a2 1992-95