Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#232713 I have a question and I'm sure it's been posted here before, but I'm a noob and learning. I have a 94 CX manual transmission with 227K miles on it. When I step on the accelerator there's a grinding metal scraping noise coming from underneath the engine/transmission. To be exact the noise sounds more like a snow plow pushing snow, or the sound of an exhaust pipe hanging for its dear life. This only happens when I accelerate at any speed while it's in any gear (except reverse). Once I hit the clutch or decelerate the noise is gone. The previous owner told me that it's a "loose spindle bracket". I've done some research to try to self diagnose the problem, and I haven't come across a similar problem. What can this be? I know if worse comes to worse I can always get a used EX/SI transmission for a few hundred bucks. Hopefully it's something that can be taken care of without paying a lot of $$$$

Thanks for the info guys :thumb: