Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg_512_44
#232232 So I'm interested in getting a 92 hatch but the Guy says the 92 and 93 didn't come out with power attesting so my question is how hard would it be to convert it to power steering and what is needed also It has a jdm d15b non vtec any got any thought on that motor like what are spec on it :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#232235 The year doesn't matter its the trim level that matters whether or not the car has power steering.

and the JDM D15B is VTEC
By asianrob
#232237 i have a 92 LX and it has power steering.

AUTO DX's came with optional power steering.

CX & VX didnt.

some Si's came power steering and AC but

youd need the PS rack PS line (for D if D series or B if B series) crank Pully that has the slot for PS and PS pump (D for D series and B for B series, PS brakets and mounts.
By eg_512_44
#232239 Ahh OK cool ya I think it use to be a vx he said it didn't come with AC or power steering and as far as the motor it looks like a d16y7 I looked it up on eBay and the d15b non vtec is from a 96 up ob2 but I could be wrong
By asianrob
#232247 yea if its a Y7 its 96+ its supposed to be D15Z1 vtec-e

most of these cars came factory NON A/C and PS not missing much.
By eg_512_44
#232281 Cool so what are ur thoughts on a mini me do u think that jdm block would be a good canidate for a vtec head or should I just get a z6 motor