Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By illason
#231659 okay I have problem, I'm tryna to jack my car up to do a swap. The car sits too low to get a jack under it. can you jack to car up from the front core support? I need to place the car on four jack stands. it seems like the core support will not support all the weight from the car. are there any other safe location to jack the car up besides the four recommended locations?
By TrailerTrash
JUICE wrote:put down like a 2x4 or something else you can drive up onto to get it up a little higher.

this works awesome. I have a 2x6 that i have to use to get in my garage then i put it in front of the tires and drive up on it which gives me just enough room to fit a floor jack under the core support. I've never had a problem jacking the front end up by the core support.
By Flatland_EG
#231687 Ditto on the 2x4. It works great, I've used this method multiple times and it's best and cheapest way to get a jack under your car. Plus if you have a short length of if you can just throw it in the back/trunk of your car so you have it in an emergency. :thumb:
By Gustavo
#232346 ^^^ :thumb: ^^^
By OleFolk
#232514 I used ramps when I swapped
Its stable and convienient :thumb:
By lsvbeghatch
#232689 i have a low profile jack they are very nice and inexpensive i bought mine from harbor frieght its blue with like a six foot handle gets under my hatch pretty easy
By EG {FIVE-500}
#232913 you could just get a mate to lift the car from the arches and you can stick ur jack under works every time for me :D
By suspendedHatch
#233043 There is a jack point on the core support. It's a big nipple that sticks down through a cut-out in the under tray.
By Greasedmonkey
suspendedHatch wrote:There is a jack point on the core support. It's a big nipple that sticks down through a cut-out in the under tray.

Using this one tends to bend that part of the support up. Ive got two cars with that problem now.
By Stokes
tq2ugetme wrote:you could just get a mate to lift the car from the arches and you can stick ur jack under works every time for me :D

Be careful doing that, I buckled my wing slightly doing it.