Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By projectcivik
#230986 Hi guys hoping i could get some help, iv just fitted a 4branch to my Civic D15z1 engine but i cant get the Lambert sensor off the old manifold to put on this one. Anyways what does it actually do?? and do i even need to put another one in cos its seems to run ok atm. Cheers guys
By asianrob
#230987 what do you mean by the lambert sensor? are you refering to the IAT (intake air temperature sensor) ? the white sensor on the manifold?

and what do you mean by 4 branch intake manifold? im assuming you went from carburetors?
By projectcivik
#230998 Sorry mate im from the UK, im guessing we call everything different names!! 4branch manifold is the Exhaust thats comes from the block, think you call it a header or someting, and the sensor screws into the side off the Exhaust.
By asianrob
#231002 ah ok its cool. the exhaust manifold and im assuming the Oxygen sensor right?
if your referring to that. there is a socket for the O2 sensor that you can get at any auto parts store. or you want to use a spanner wrench i believe its a 22? maybe bigger? you can use to get that off.
By Flatland_EG
#231118 You'll probably want to soak the living hell out of it with penetrating oil, maybe overnight and when you put it in your new header you'll want to use a little anti-seize on the threads. :thumb:

When I put my header on I tried like hell to get to the old oxygen sensor out but the little SOB wouldn't budge for anything, luckily I get lightly used one from one of the guys on a local forum for around $5. :)