Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By M Riley
#230489 Ok I would like to get a new used odometer gauge cluster. As of right now I want to get a USDM cluster for my CX. Reason being, is because I have a manual transmission. On my gauge cluster on the far right side I have P,N,R,D,D2,D3 display between the fuel and temp meters? Is this the correct gauge cluster for a manual CX? If I were to get a new cluster how can I change the miles on the odometer to the actual miles my car has…..

Next question if I were to get a JDM gauge cluster how would it effect the mileage reading since Japan and the rest of the world go by kilometers…..
By DontHateonEG8
#230490 On my gauge cluster on the far right side I have P,N,R,D,D2,D3 display between the fuel and temp meters? Is this the correct gauge cluster for a manual CX?
-No, the P,N,R,D,D2,D3 lettering is for the automatic vehicles. however it doesnt affect anything - just looks weird thats all.

If I were to get a new cluster how can I change the miles on the odometer to the actual miles my car has…..
-just swap the speedometer part from the old cluster into the new one, thus you will be able to keep the original miles. (BTW this is for USDM to USDM)

Next question if I were to get a JDM gauge cluster how would it effect the mileage reading since Japan and the rest of the world go by kilometers…..
-its tricky cause first of all you will not be able to swap over the odometer part with ease and you need to do some modification - i did this to keep my original mileage. the circutry takes care of the rest so your jdm cluster will have miles - you just need to remember that :)
By Chance
#230511 This^
By M Riley
#230525 Thank you gentlemen I didn't take the speedometer swap into consideration. I most definitely will do. Later down the road when I get a JDM cluster I have to be careful when modifying. JDM clusters are not cheap :thumb:
By Chance
#230527 Too bad you weren't on here a year ago.. I had one for sale for $100 shipped.
By Ecc0
#230600 You can go for the vti uk dials we count in miles here and has all the same features as jdm, I have 3 left for sale pm me if your interested