Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 92lhdsiconvo
#227992 Just drove my hatch for the first time after putting the dash back in and the cluster lights arent working or the speedo. The temp guage and the fuel guage are working though. Any ideas would help!!!!
By asianrob
#228025 check all your fuses? is your VSS plugged in? and dimmer switch plugged in?
By Datsmart
#228030 There is a small ground wire that plugs into the support area behind the steering wheel. Be sure that is plugged in too.
Must be plugged in while you are installing the dash. Difficult to reach later.
By chnzgoofball
#228074 recheck all the connectors, you may have forgot to connect something
By 92lhdsiconvo
#228090 i did forget the small ground but that did not change when fixed. The vss is plugged in and double checked. all three connecters are plugged in and checked. I do not know which fuse since there is no cover. if anyone has a pic it would be great thanks
By Honda4life
#228095 Worst case scenario , just go through all the fuses and pull them out and check them since you don't gave the diagram
By 92lhdsiconvo
#228107 did that then searched the diagram and found that fuse 12,15, 19, and 24 all run the cluster. Changed all four fuses and still nothing. what doesnt make sense is the fuel and temp are working just not the speedo.
Took the speedo apart and seems to be fine but still wont work the only thing i can think is to change the whole cluster to see if that works.
By Ajax1989
#228108 sounds like ur vss is bad
By 92lhdsiconvo
#228215 wouldnt that have a cel there is no light and it does work. It flashes when I start the car.
By Ajax1989
#228219 no it wouldnt and i believe it flashes only when u have an automatic not sure
By chnzgoofball
#228226 i agree sounds like the vss went bad or the gauge cluster is out itself happened to me my speedo got stuck so i just replaced it with a jdm cluster