Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kAce
#227382 my eg i believe has a motor blower and i'm assuming it has the heater core too, but the hose lines to the firewall is not hooked up. Just wondering what else would i need besides just straight plugging the lines to the firewall?
By 1995db7
#227389 did you buy it that way?if you did there might be a reason why the heater core was bypassed,before i hook it back up i would take a trip to your'e local junk yard and get another heater core just in case the one in your'e car is bad and you end up with antifreeze or water all over the interior of the car
By sabdagr8
#227482 Either the heater core was leaking inside like the last guy said or it jus block altogether in which case if u did hook it bak up ur cars is gonna overheat so I wud get another heater core either way
By asianrob
sabdagr8 wrote:Either the heater core was leaking inside like the last guy said or it jus block altogether in which case if u did hook it bak up ur cars is gonna overheat so I wud get another heater core either way

need to fix your avatar please

thanks! :thumb:
Last edited by asianrob on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By kAce
#227509 well i checked the firewall, and one of the pipes that hook up with the radiator hose was rusted and kinda bent. I'm guessing the heater core is fine and that was the problem that kept the previous owner from hooking it up. Do i need to buy a valve adjustment or whatever it's called to connect to the radiator hose and then to the fire wall?
By 617ej1
#227511 IF UR TALKIN BOUT DA MALE ENDS DAT CUM FROM DA HEATA CORE THRU DA FIREWALL COPPER LOOKING,I WOULD JUST PULL DA HOSE OFF ,GRAB A RACHET USE DA END OF IT AND TRY TO ROUND IT OFF AGAIN ,BY INSERTIN IT INTO THE MALE END SORT OF LIKE PRYIN.NO HOMO LOL. BEATS BUYING A NEW 1..USE A NEW HOSE CLAMP.. :thumb:
By sabdagr8
617ej1 wrote:IF UR TALKIN BOUT DA MALE ENDS DAT CUM FROM DA HEATA CORE THRU DA FIREWALL COPPER LOOKING,I WOULD JUST PULL DA HOSE OFF ,GRAB A RACHET USE DA END OF IT AND TRY TO ROUND IT OFF AGAIN ,BY INSERTIN IT INTO THE MALE END SORT OF LIKE PRYIN.NO HOMO LOL. BEATS BUYING A NEW 1..USE A NEW HOSE CLAMP.. :thumb:

Yea jus make sure u use the screw type clamp cuz if not it won't seal right.. and it will leak