Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ShEfA
#225185 Hello

I just received my new TYC projector headlights.
There is a transfer harness from H7 to H1, but there is no such for the side markers. The plug I have now is square shaped, and the one I need for the TYCs is elliptical. :o

I figured, that it is different, because in the USA the city lights are actually the blinkers aswell, but in Europe the city lights are a separate, white bulb. So, could anyone tell me what is the shape /photo would work/ of the plug that fits into your side markers? :?

Also, if anyone has installed TYCs for EG, could you advice on that? Do you ran into any problems, etc?

Here is the plug I am talking about.. see how it is elliptical and the harness I have is square...

Thanks!
By cjw_89
#225189 i picked up a set for mine.Fit right in.Your stock side markers come apart btw...The plug in itsself does.
By ShEfA
#225194 I can't seem to understand you. The plug comes apart? And when I disassamble it - then what? :)
By ShEfA
#225412 Well... a friend of mine told me, that I should cut the wires and use cable shoes and do it myself. :(

I wanted to make it as clean as possible, but obviously I'll have to cut and solder.
By ShEfA
#225686 Now... the question is - how do I make the low beam to light up with the high beam. Now, because the headlights used to be H4 type, when I turn on the high beam the low beam turns off. I want the low to stay lid while the high is on.

Any ideas? :)