Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By cjw_89
#225071 Hey fellas.Been a while since i have been on the site but it seems that i have an iacv issue.i have a 94 dx coupe which originally came with a d15b7 auto.I swapped it out for a b series and it was working flawlessly for years.So i decided to change the car back to auto(d) for the woman to drive whenever she wanted.I picked up a 93 eg8 for 200 and used all the running gear from that on my coupe.The eg8 was bought at a scrap yard it was laying up for a while.

So i threw the b7 into my coupe anyways and the car had a fitv problem.Also the iacv was rusted out and the previous owner had it bypassed.So once i got down to it and figured out what was going on i took the tb and iacv off my b18b1 which ran excellent.Put both on my b7 engine and the car is hunting at idle.Im not sure of the rmps but its up there.I know a fair bit about these from the net and experience so i covered the fitv port on the tb with no difference(b18 tb).Then i put my finger over the top port and the car idled down to normal.

Where do i go from here?Once the top port on the tb is covered the car runs PERFECT!Ive read up on this on ht and they say its the iacv giving me trouble?But how it came off my b18b1 which had no idle issues.Only issue the b18 had was a higher rev while cold.Took a while to get down to 700-1000.Is the iacv my thouble?Or do the ports off a b intake not match the d's?

Sorry for the long story but its explained fully for anyone who has a suggestion.For the record i didnt use carb cleaner to troubleshoot my problem.Figured the iacv was fine.Can i make a block off plate and bypass it by bridging the fitv/cooling pipe line?
By egjoshb18c
#233368 [yes you can get a block off plate people make these plates i bought mine for about 30 from kms or something and bypassed all the coolant lines i was having bad surging at idle and low speeds it would jump high like i was a dumbass not knowing how to drive a stick i also plug my port on the tb with jb weld runs fine on my b18c
By suspendedHatch
#233378 I'm not clear on what you mean by "top port on the tb". The MAP port? The charcoal canister port? Is it open to the outside air?
By egjoshb18c
#233401 the ports on the tp before the throttle plate theres two holes you have to take the intake pipe off to see them