Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Cheerioeg6
#224747 I was wondering, since i have a 94 del sol dohc vtec laying around, would the exhaust piping from front to rear bolt straight on my eg hatch? need to know asap...did some research but came with no threats results on this issue!
By EG {FIVE-500}
#225095 if the eg has a b series engine then the manifold and downpipe will fit from the del sol but if the eg has a d series then no it wont but the center section im not to sure about i no the chassis on the del sol and the eg's are the same it should all bolt up together but its mounting on the rubbers that might be in diffrent places. my advice would be to get the car on a steady jack and check if all the mounting brackets are in the same place. :thumb:
By CMDeOro
tq2ugetme wrote:if the eg has a b series engine then the manifold and downpipe will fit from the del sol but if the eg has a d series then no it wont but the center section im not to sure about i no the chassis on the del sol and the eg's are the same it should all bolt up together but its mounting on the rubbers that might be in diffrent places. my advice would be to get the car on a steady jack and check if all the mounting brackets are in the same place. :thumb:

+1

I would definitly check for the mounting locations.... all the bend should be exactly the same.
By Datsmart
#225107 The center exhaust section in a Del SOl is shorter than the center pipe in a EK Hatchback.
Helped a buddy move his B20 from his EK hatch to a Del Sol.
Had to have the center pipe shorted 11 and 1/4 inches to fit the Del Sol.
By CMDeOro
Datsmart wrote:The center exhaust section in a Del SOl is shorter than the center pipe in a EK Hatchback.
Helped a buddy move his B20 from his EK hatch to a Del Sol.
Had to have the center pipe shorted 11 and 1/4 inches to fit the Del Sol.

I think he said eg...
By asianrob
#225135 it might be a bit short

and I had a GSR coupe exhaust on my 1 of my sedans and it bolted straight on to my D series header.
By chrono404
#225177 Delsols wheelbase is a bit shorter then the EG hatch so it will probally be a little short.

Also if you have the Rare Delsol VTEC lying around why arn't you building that instead of a EG Hatch?
By EG {FIVE-500}
chrono404 wrote:Delsols wheelbase is a bit shorter then the EG hatch so it will probally be a little short.

Also if you have the Rare Delsol VTEC lying around why arn't you building that instead of a EG Hatch?

+1

build the del sol dont see many around with a b series.
By Cheerioeg6
#225428 yea that what i was thinking but the delsol had a front end collision, which i took off the radiator support...know its just laying around, recently just bought a jdm del sol front bumper and radiator support...anyway i suppose i better off at the shops getting a new 2.5" pipping...but thanks guy, that was helpful
By Cheerioeg6
#225430 hey does anyone have any picture of the two together?