Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ShEfA
#222759 Hi all.

A few months ago I had my rear brake pads changed with a new set. My civic's got rear disc brakes. Bit by bit the hadbrake started to engage at the very top. Now I have to pull it almost all the way up so the car doesn't move. How can I adjust it? I've been told that it is not possible, because the cables will get disattached the next time I pull it. Is that right? If not, how can I soldve the problem?

Thanks! :)
By Gunni
#222779 u have to loosen up the cables all the way an adjust them again . if u over adjust them the hand brake will stop working, that is if all is ok ,calibers and cables.
By asianrob
#222788 to adjust the ebrake cables its a 12mm nut. get a deep socket and rachet. You can either remove your Arm rest/armrest delete or take out the rear ash tray on the armrest/armrest delete. from there. there's a 12mm bolt that you can adjust up and down. Factory is 8 clicks when you pull the ebrake up. to top position.
By ShEfA
#222812 :o

Now that your opinions are completely different... I am > :?
By asianrob
#222850 Image
By asianrob
#222851 hope that helps you!
By ShEfA
#222993 It does. Thanks :)
So it is safe to adjust with the nut, I had wrong info.
By asianrob
ShEfA wrote:It does. Thanks :)
So it is safe to adjust with the nut, I had wrong info.

anytime! :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
asianrob wrote:Image

damn in that case by these instructions my rear cables must be stretched out after 16years of use! replacemnet time!!!!!!
By Bielawa1
#223466 Mine became a real long yank to get it to engage. Garage that does all our family cars tightens them as part of a standard servicing .

Handy to know how it was done though.